No announcement yet.

Nexus 6 vs 6P vs Note4 vs Note5 vs S6 vs S7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(un)fortunately I only received a shiny new 10 and not a Vive (!)

After a scary moment cutting my MicroSim down to a NanoSIM, first impressions are it's a very very nice phone. Sturdy, solid, not too heavy, easy to hold.
    5.2" screen is a good size, didn't realise how unwieldy the Note was until I hold them side-by-side.
    It does get a bit warm, but the metal body is probably something to do with that. My battery app shows it's running around 25-30C which is pretty much the same as the Note.

Doze is cracking, full charged last night before bed, and 98% remaining this morning.

Will put up some phots and further impressions later, but initially I'm chuffed.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
      (un)fortunately I only received a shiny new 10 and not a Vive (!)
      Yet....

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Still no Vive, but another mysterious charge from HTC has appeared on my credit card! Not happy atm.

Oh and the bundled earphones are rubbish. Its pitched as the second coming of mobile music devices with all this Beats / Boombox nonsense, I honestly thought my phone was broken when I tried them out. Only when I tried out my old Samsung set that I realised the buds HTC supply are just bobbins I guess they sound like what Beats sound like, over powered distorted bass and just generally weird equalizer settings applied.
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

After 10 days of Huawei P9 use I can safely say I likey.

Battery life is very good, <1% per hour with it sat in my pocket, heavy use takes it up to an average of 5% an hour. Easily enough for a day, usually end up with more than 50% left by bedtime.

The Huawei skin that has received criticism is really not bad. I've stuck with it rather than jumping into Nova launcher.
          One criticism I've heard is that the Huawei UI checks power draw and asks if you want to close apps that are using background power. If you just click yes you may find its closed apps like WhatsApp and you don't get messages. Well, duh.
          It always tells me which app it is, so I'll get a notification saying "WhatsApp is drawing power do you want to close it" . Click ignore and it doesn't ask you again. Not that hard. But useful if you've left something running in the background (the BBC sports app is constantly refreshing in the background until you close the app for example)
          Some of the Huawei standard things are bad, like the keyboard for example, which is a cut down version of Swype, but not very good. It's not hard to change, and I'm happy with the Google keyboard with gestures.
          Camera is the best I've used.
          Sound quality is good despite mono speaker.
          Possibly not as strong a Bluetooth connection compared to Sony Z3.

TLR. Good phone, UI takes getting used to but isn't a deal breaker and once used to it is actually very good.
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Welp, I'm back again - contract is over in a couple of days so I can bypass all the "upgrade" nonsense and get a new contract.

Option 1) Note4 @ 28
            Option 2) S6 + A7" tab @ 26

S6 + tab seems the better deal, newer phone... but means having 2 devices.

Can't decide and can't find any better deals than these for my paltry requirements of 500mb data.
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Working...
            X