Nexus 6 vs 6P vs Note4 vs Note5 vs S6 vs S7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus 6 vs 6P vs Note4 vs Note5 vs S6 vs S7

It's upgrade time again... My S4 has served me well, and to be fair there's little wrong with it, barring the battery life not being what it once was.
    Current contract is 17pcm, 100 minutes (unused), 100 texts (unused), 250mb data (sometimes used).
    I'd like at least 100 mins, 100 texts, 500mb data.

Main reasons for looking at upgrade are I'd like a bigger screen, more storage, and better battery. Better camera would be nice too.

I've done my own research on handsets this time and narrowed it down to the following options.

Samsung
    - S6
    - S7
    - Note 4
    - Note 5

Google Nexus
    - 5X
    - 6P

What I'd love is for a 2nd opinion on my reasoning so far.

S6/S7 Edge - Phone lives in my pocket, I wouldn't use the "edge". No
    S6 - same size screen as S4. No
    S7 - more expensive than 6P. No

Note 4 - current fave, sd card, replaceable battery, better screen, better that S4 all round
    Note 5 - not significantly better than S4, and too expensive. No

5X - same size screen as S4. No
    6 - too wide compared to 6P, same price as 6P. No
    6P - seems good, but more expensive than Note 4. No SD, No replaceable battery. 2nd place option.

I can get a Note 4, free phablet, 24 pcm (ish) with 1gb data.

Is the above reasonable? Have I done my research correctly ?

Cheers
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

The more I read, the more I like the Note 4

Cheaper of the big phones too.
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I don't know if this has a bearing on costs etc, but have you thought about getting something like the Nexus 5x, and buying it outright.. And then looking for a really cheap sim only contract?

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I like the note 4 it's not bad.

But it currently in using the oneplus two which I bought outright and that's a real good phone
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

I'm looking to move away from my Note 4 as it's just become unstable. Rebooting itself. Crashing. Locking.

I have a wants for a Nexus 6P, having seen the price drop on the Google Store.

Any reason not to?
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
            I'm looking to move away from my Note 4 as it's just become unstable. Rebooting itself. Crashing. Locking.

I have a wants for a Nexus 6P, having seen the price drop on the Google Store.

Any reason not to?
            Another banana mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
              Could be software ? Factory Reset worth a try ?

Fwiw, I've decided to wait rather than upgrade early as all the upgrade deals suck compared to new
              --

Comment

Well, my phone is simply amazing. No other phone comes close to the features and the quality. I can wholeheartedly recommend the S7 edge plus Gear VR.
                My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I'll put my thoughts down even though its a bit late for them now, my nexus 6p is by far the best phone I have ever used. SoT is usually 4-5 hours depending what I am doing on it, android doze means I can charge phone before bed and wake up with 95% battery still, the screen is very nice (although there are complaints of some people getting yellow/pinkish screens, mine is fine however), front facing speakers are quite nice and can go quite loud without distorting, but my favourite feature by far is the camera. It is so good compared to the other phones I own (galaxy s4, iphone 5s, galaxy s6).

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
                    Could be software ? Factory Reset worth a try ?

Fwiw, I've decided to wait rather than upgrade early as all the upgrade deals suck compared to new
                    Could be. I've wiped the cache (since it's non-destructive) to see if something was borked in there but it's still doing it.
                    Might try set some time aside this weekend and do a full reset just to be sure.
                    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
                      A phone made of thin flexible materials can be bent using excessive brute force? Shocker! lol

I've been looking at the Nexus 6P recently too, especially with that extra 70 off. Not really an upgrade from my OnePlus Two though.
                      Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

I'm also torn because I'm not sure I need such a big one () and the 6P is roughly the same size as the Note 4.

The trend at the moment seems to be the best tech automatically gets slapped with a massive high res screen.

I'd be happier with the fancy octocore cpus, 4gb ram, all the high end tech, all the power saving loveliness of Marshmallow, but a 5 ish inch 1080 screen. It'd look grand and it'd last a couple of days easily.

I honestly don't see the necessity for a 1440 screen in my pocket the 27" dell on my desk, yes.

Comment

Get the Xiaomi Note 3? Its lasts easily 2 days according to reviews, 8 hours + SOT, which is crazy and less than 200 including import tax.

deleted my link to gearbest....

Comment

Last day of the deal on the Nexus 6P from the Google Store, and I'm still torn

My Note 4 bootlooped 6 times last night, I'm fairly certain the battery is on it's way out, so do I risk getting a 'new' battery and end up with a chinese knock-off which blows my face off, or do I bite the bullet and buy a new phone?

Comment

Balls to it, my Note 4 just crashed on me again and I pre-ordered an HTC 10

Comment

Working...
                              X