Tethering Nonsense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tethering Nonsense

Hi all. Looking for a mobile contract or PAYG sim only tarrif that allows for unlimited tethering.

From what I can tell though, no-one allows it anymore. So who allows the most?

Living at my parents at the minute and the last time they had ADSL, the max speed was 16kbps... at full price... Afaik there is no better solution than mobile internet but the limits are ****ing stupid.

So whats my best bet? I need the internet on my pc's before I go insane.

Cheers all! Much appreciated.

would a 4G dongle not be better for your PC?
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/ee-767-commercial.html

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/mobile-bro...rting.featured

3 do mobile data contracts....
    http://store.three.co.uk/view/search...ntractLength=1

and Sim only with a tether limit ( you can use up to 12GB of your data each month to create a Personal Hotspot within the UK.)
    http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Stoke is not exactly the back of beyond so ADSL should be better than that. It was for my son when he was at college in Stoke.

TNSTAAFL
      Last edited by Burn-IT; 12-02-16, 14:47.
      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
      Dave Burnett

Comment

I feel for you, I moved back up North and went from 40mbps fibre to 7mbps-drops-out-all-the-time regular broadband.

Worst thing was I thought the new place had fibre as I'd done some searches on the post code. When it came to ringing Sky during the move I'm told we don't get it. Brilliant.
        i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Do sky even offer fibre? Did you try BT or virgin?

Originally posted by Aria
          On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Yeah sky do fibre.
            They were the second to offer it after BT.
            It's a good service too. 38mb or 76mb at the moment, but I believe the new Q box will be higher still (120?)
            Originally posted by coiler
            the trails is where life flows best
            Originally posted by coiler
            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Almost all contracts that are limited you can use your data how you please, eg 10GB data with EE can all be tethered if you like. Same with Vodafone, not sure on O2, Three give you 2GB/4GB if on unlimited and all your allowance if not on unlimited.

Comment

Android 4.X

adb shell stuff
                settings put global tether_dun_required 0

This will mean the phone doesn't report which data is tethered, or which data is "native"

Or it used to
                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Well... I thought I would bite the bullet and try the 20 unlimited internet add-on offered by three. I've been tethering with it for days, its not 100% reliable obviously, but when its fast its fast enough.

I've also been downloading a **** tonne of stuff. Had no internet on two computers for months. It doesn't seem to have a limit whilst tethering either.

Now if only I could remove the adult content ********.... It blocks ordinary sites.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                    Yeah sky do fibre.
                    They were the second to offer it after BT.
                    It's a good service too. 38mb or 76mb at the moment, but I believe the new Q box will be higher still (120?)
                    I can't see how the Q box can be any faster, sky is still using the same infrastructure at BT fibre. BT are rolling out faster fibre potentially later this year called G.Fast but as usual expect high density housing areas to be first on the list.

Nationally VM are the only ones who can offer anything faster (up to 200mb in some areas) though City Fibre have done a very limited roll out of FTTP offering gigabit speeds and are looking to expand to 30+ cities in the next couple of years.

Comment

In 2010 BT said that the entire UK would have fibre optics by 2012, now its 2016, they say by 2020...

I don't trust a thing BT spout... Used to work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
                        FTTP... gigabit speeds...
                        WANT.
                        Why did the chicken cross the road?
                        To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkY View Post
                          WANT.
                          http://www.cityfibre.com/gigabit-cities/

Comment

Just as a comparison to Google Fibre offering in the US, no setup fee, $70 + taxes per month, 12 month minimum contract for 1gb download and UPLOAD. No caps, and 1TB of online storage included.

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

Comment

Y U NO MANCHESTER :<

Comment

Working...
                              X