Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K screen mobile phone announced

http://www.androidauthority.com/sony...bility-638781/

Also has a 23MPP camera to record in 4K too!
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Not really sure I see the point of a 4k 5.5 inc screen tbh.

Comment

Nor me. But, like many things in tech these days, more is better. Otherwise no one will want to upgrade.
      4k screen equals many many pixels needing rendering and lighting up. And that equals mahoosive battery drain.
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
        Nor me. But, like many things in tech these days, more is better. Otherwise no one will want to upgrade.
        4k screen equals many many pixels needing rendering and lighting up. And that equals mahoosive battery drain.
        Exactly this. I'd even question whether a 1080 screen is worth it on a sub 5" phone, but each to their own.

I'd rather have better battery life than a 4k screen.

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Things are hard to see sometimes on my 28" 4K screen let alone a small mobile screen!
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Jesus it will need a car battery lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I don't see a need for 4k on a phone, my original Xperia Z has a 1080p 5" screen and I feel like that's more than enough.
                "They're gonna find out
                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                But they're gonna find out
                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Retina is all you need...

Originally posted by Aria
                  On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
                    Retina is all you need...

their new 1 will be 5k next xD
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Before anyone jumps on the Apple fanboy stuff, I don't actually want to upgrade my 5s to a 6 as i think its too big. My old man has one and i don't really like it. Long live my 5s...

Originally posted by Aria
                      On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

I had the Sony Z1 Compact. I'll never touch a Sony phone again. Long live the K800i

Comment

Originally posted by nickc View Post
                          I had the Sony Z1 Compact. I'll never touch a Sony phone again. Long live the K800i
                          mine has been rock solid, what issues did you have out of interest?
                          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

So many software issues! Even after resets, updates, etc. Kept doing things randomly on its own, keyboard would go crazy. Answered automatically in my pocket when locked. And then there were a few of Sonys way do doing Android. Like the way you can't have a wallpaper like any other phone. And their silly Album app. Also, camera never worked properly. It always failed to load.

And my favourite. My absolute favourite, I put it in water with all doors closed, and it switched off. Never came back on. Sent it away and it was water damaged. Repair company wanted 150!

Comment

weird, not had any of those symptoms
                              Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                              X