X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Umi Emax Android thoughts and first impressions

Right so it arrived this morning from the big river
    so first up price and specs

i paid 170 all in for phone tempered glass cover and case and a set of bluetooth headphones for the wife as they had money off if bought with phone
    cost of actual phone was 139 can be found cheaper but i thought use the big river in case i need to return

specs
    5.5" full hd screen 1080 x1920
    mediatek mt6752 64bit
    arm a53 1700mhz 8 cores
    mali t760 mp2 2 cores
    android 4.4 kit kat

so it arrived earlier first thoughts were the box looked of good quality and presentation was very good.
    the phone itself feels good in the hand not too heavy not too light. the back is brushed alu effect and it does feel a little cheaper compared to my old sony z3,

heres a coule of pics

i am trying kitkat out first before i add in adroid 5. but so far ive tried a couple of games and they run smoothly it doesnt get hot under use but then android 5 may change that. its a nice package out the box the dual sim function is simple set one for data calls etc and second just for incoming work calls.

battery is a massive 3780mah and its taking a little while to get it full but hoefully it will last a fair while.

so far first two hours of use im very impressed screen is good and crisp camera is ok all my apps work so far and i have memory card slot as well as dual sim the samsung a7 which i was gonna get had dual sim or single sim and micro sd option not all three.

will update the thread as i test it more and will try the rootjoy update later,

So far though defintely the right move was half the cost of a A7 and feels really nice
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Thanks for the update, I hate that wallpaper for some reason lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Yeah I will be changing it. Didn't wanna get in trouble on the forum for the usual wallpaper I have. The Maggie thatcher bikini shoot is my pride and joy
      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Lol I won't ask again.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
          Lol I won't ask again.

LOL

am just trying the rootjoy out on it gonna install MIUI V5 rom and see how the xiaomi interfaces look on it.

Edit theres a windows 8 style Rom why!!!
          http://community.umidigi.com/forum.p...thread&tid=154
          Last edited by danroyle; 21-08-15, 13:42.

Comment

Some people might like it lol, never tried a Umi phone.

Comment

Some people might like it lol, never tried a Umi phone.
              true i just installed the xiaomi interface rom and it looks alot like IOS its quite cool but alot of the market stuff is all in chinese still

Comment

I like MIUI, seems to be plenty to mess with on the site.

Comment

I like MIUI, seems to be plenty to mess with on the site.
                  im not sure if i like it or not will give it a day and see

Comment

Colouros is a nice rom, ran it on my OPO for a few weeks http://www.needrom.com/download/coloros-v2-0i-multi/

Comment

Colouros is a nice rom, ran it on my OPO for a few weeks http://www.needrom.com/download/coloros-v2-0i-multi/
                      ok just noticed the miui rom doesnt support dual sims so gotta re root original rom

Comment

Oh dear, get TWRP installed when you install the original rom, then just take a back up and then flash back whenever you want, saves a lot of time.

Comment

Oh dear, get TWRP installed when you install the original rom, then just take a back up and then flash back whenever you want, saves a lot of time.
                          i backed up all the data and apps before i added miui rom so shouldnt take long to fix.

Umi saying two weeks til the android 5 rom is released for it.

i have to say the software for doing the custom roms is simple but effective i like it. it works well

Comment

Not long to wait then, Colouros is worth a punt.

Comment

ill have a look at others once ive had a good go with it. See how it runs on stock to start i think

Comment

Working...
                              X