Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Pay is here, and works even in Tesco...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heavywater View Post
    Yeah, but "lots of people" crash their car, they don't cover it with bubble wrap.

On the plus side I think I know why there are so many thick kids nowadays.
    That wasn't what you said though.. You were talking about a single person dropping it a lot.

Taking the car analogy, you're right. But crashing a car where it's badly damaged is the same as smashing your phone on the ground with some force behind it when looking at the amount of damaged caused. Something bubble wrap on cars or a case on a phone can't protect against.

Dropping your phone by accident, which is what a case is meant to protect against, is unlikely to cause catastrophic damage to it. Mainly cosmetic damage, but the phone/car stays serviceable. In that case, yes you're right, you don't wrap cars in bubble wrap to protect against minor knocks. There is no need - they have bumpers fitted as standard.

I'm sure there will be some 'smart' comment in reply to this post though..
    Last edited by Aaron; 18-07-15, 12:06.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      That wasn't what you said though.. You were talking about a single person dropping it a lot.
      I know, but you were talking about people in general dropping it. You specifically said that.

Ok, to clarify. If one person doesn't drop their phone regularly then they don't need a case. If one person drops their phone regularly they have larger problems than a damaged phone and will probably walk into traffic at some point in their thirties. Doesn't matter what the rest of the population do, what they do doesn't affect your phone smashing habits. Just stop throwing stuff on the floor and hold onto it with your opposable thumbs.

Similar with scratched screens, stop putting your phones in the same pocket as your diamond burr collection and you can stop using a screen protector, it's not rocket surgery.

Comment

Similar with scratched screens, stop putting your phones in the same pocket as your diamond burr collection and you can stop using a screen protector, it's not rocket surgery.
        you say this but after having the phone for 1 month, and specifically not putting the phone in with keys/coins/anything it had its own pocket! I still got tiny little scratches.

Originally posted by omega
        He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
        All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

Maybe you have sand or something in somer pockets? I've had my current phone in my pocket every day for ~20 months and there's not even the tiniest scratch on the screen. Or maybe you place it face down on stuff?

Comment

I know, but you were talking about people in general dropping it. You specifically said that.

Similar with scratched screens, stop putting your phones
            I know? Because dropping an object that is in your hand for a lot of the day is a pretty common occurrence across the population of the world.. I'm genuinely a bit confused as to what your point is?

I don't drop my phone regularly, but it's a possibility due to the fact I handle it a lot during the day. So I'd rather have a small slim case on it to protect my investment of a few hundred quid in case it does happen. I don't go around looking for ways to damage my phone, but at the same time, I cannot guarantee that I won't slip while I'm using it or someone won't knock it out of my hand or something similar. I'd rather have the extra tiny layer of protection, should that happen.

On the screen protector thing, I agree. I don't use one and never have.. My screen is not scratched at all.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
            X