Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Wear

Hi guys,

Is anyone using a smart watch at all? If so, how do they find it?, useful? gimmicky?

What apps are available for it that are must haves?

Im finding myself tempted by the LG G Watch R - and using the pay nothing for 12 months facility that Very give, and then just drop 20 a month in my acocunt so I dont have to find the cash at the end of the period. Hence the questions above...I find that I miss my watch, I havent worn one now for about 6 years but Im wondering whether getting a smart watch would be the best move.

TIA.

I don't have one but I had a play around with a Moto 360 at work. Personally I think I'll be getting one when they remove that silly black bar from the bottom

As for gimmicky I don't think so, after all it tells the time and they're less than 200, you can spend a lot more than that on a watch. This one has the benefit of additional features should you need them. Personally I'd like to be able to check notifications without getting my phone out, that's enough to justify it for me.

AFAIK you have to charge them daily, but with the 360 (not sure about the LG) there's a wireless charger. I take my watch off before bed anyway so it'd just be a case of placing it on the charger, easy.

I think all the hate for them is just the usual bunch who like to have a moan about anything, it's all you see on the web these days as they shout the loudest. See the Xbox One "backlash" for example...

Oh and the 360 was pretty big, looked fine on me cos I have big hands but it something to consider, iirc the LG one is pretty big too.
    i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Got the G Watch R myself. Love it. Don't find it at all gimmicky, i don't use all the features but its a godsend in work where I'm not allowed my phone out. If get a text or notification i can quickly read it on my watch no issues. The watch is nice and comfy and well made. I wouldn't say it was too big just right to me and i don't have massive wrists or anything. Same as Josh with the charging I just drop it on its charger at night when i go bed and its all good. Hope that helps. If there's anything you want checking let me know
      <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
        Got the G Watch R myself. Love it. Don't find it at all gimmicky, i don't use all the features but its a godsend in work where I'm not allowed my phone out. If get a text or notification i can quickly read it on my watch no issues. The watch is nice and comfy and well made. I wouldn't say it was too big just right to me and i don't have massive wrists or anything. Same as Josh with the charging I just drop it on its charger at night when i go bed and its all good. Hope that helps. If there's anything you want checking let me know
        Do Kik/Whatsapp messages come through to it too, or is it just sms/emails?

Comment

Yea all notifications come through
          <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

Gear Live just got 5.1.1 so its unlocked the WiFi chip (meaning it can connect to my phone anywhere thru saved WiFi networks), and wrist gestures, meaning I can flick my wrist to scroll through cards, which makes me look weird(er) but is pretty useful
            Originally posted by coiler
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Ive held off getting, but keep looking, and almost biting the bullet, but I cant decide which I would want. Almost got the Sony 3, but dislike the inbuilt strap, and cant afford the more expensive

Comment

I'm waiting for a deal on the Smartwatch 3 then I'm going to grab one, love the Gear Live but the charger cradle is absolute bobbins. SW3 has built-in microUSB so it charges like every other device in the universe
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Id like to see one in the flesh, I worry cos my last watch (an ironman thingy) basically had a built in strap and that is what broke that watch

Comment

I'm eyeing up the Pebble Time at the moment..

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                      I'm waiting for a deal on the Smartwatch 3 then I'm going to grab one, love the Gear Live but the charger cradle is absolute bobbins. SW3 has built-in microUSB so it charges like every other device in the universe [emoji38]
                      Does this class as a decent offer?

http://www.very.co.uk/e/q/sony-smart...equestid=80837

Comment

That is a pretty durn good offer, but I want the one with the metal strap

Comment

That's my issue too

Comment

Originally posted by shawry View Post
                            Usually can get a extra 10% off as a new customer with very too.

Comment

Already a member. Offer for me was 30 quid off first order. But I have a voucher if still valid for a tenner off

Comment

Working...
                              X