Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android speaker dock questions - play and charge with no bluetooth

Hi all

I have been looking for a android speaker dock for the mrs but she wants one that she can play music through the micro usb on the phone (so it charges and plays music at the same time)
    All the ones i can see now have the micro usb charge function but you need to bluetooth your device so you can play music.

There are tons of iphone/ipod docks that do this already but is there an android alternative?

I am not sure if these devices exist yet.

Thanks

can she not connect it via the RCA ( headphone socket ) and still charge via micro usb?
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

she could, or bluetooth quite easily but i think she just wants it like the ipod docs, drop it in and done but i have never seen one like this

Comment

Ok ...a way around it would be to buy a speaker dock Beats pill type of thing.... and one of these http://i2.expansys.com/img/b/231986/...phone-dock.jpg .... then connect a power supply to the back and the audio out to the audio in on the speaker..... she then docks the phone it charges and she presses play and the audio comes out the speakers..... its a work around lol...

also if she waits for lollipop...according to this its happening then..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...eadphone-jack/
        Last edited by joker3327; 06-11-14, 14:45.
        posted by scrivz69
        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

thanks dude, good work around, will have to investigate a bit more, the beats pill is too expensive for what she would use it for really but there will be some alternatives

Comment

What's wrong with using Bluetooth?

Added after 4 minutes:

Using Bluetooth you can just leave the phone in your pocket and change the song from another room instead of going back to the dock?

We have a Bluetooth soundbar in the living room, even not that loud you can hear it in all rooms if you want and don't have to walk back to it to change songs.

And we just have a Tesco portable Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen.
            Last edited by El Wayneo; 06-11-14, 15:07.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
              What's wrong with using Bluetooth?

Added after 4 minutes:

Using Bluetooth you can just leave the phone in your pocket and change the song from another room instead of going back to the dock?

We have a Bluetooth soundbar in the living room, even not that loud you can hear it in all rooms if you want and don't have to walk back to it to change songs.

And we just have a Tesco portable Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen.
              I know, it does seem the best way to go, i just think its the mrs being lazy tbh dude

I saw some phillips docks earlier that will charge the phone for her and bluetooth the music to the speaker, seemed to be quite nice tbh.

I will have to ask her again if she can live with bluetooth

Thanks for the input guys

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                android-to-abandon-headphone-jack
                errmmm no thanks do not want

How stupid is that? Abandon the industry standard for getting music out of things and into your earholes? *slow clap*

On topic, docks are pretty restrictive like EW said I just wander round with my phone and tap it onto NFC Bluetooth speakers in the kitchen or the soundbar in the Lounge or speakers in the PC room and get instant audio
                Originally posted by coiler
                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                Originally posted by BigIan88
                turn off that sexy nonsense
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

no headphone socket, what!! they better not remove that

i am liking the idea of wondering round and moving the audio to different speakers, seems practical to me.

I will chat with the mrs and see if she likes the idea or not.

Just thinking it would be a great xmas present for her really

Comment

Completely unrelated but my Sonos was one of the best speaker related purchases I've ever made.

Comment

I've got Nokia 360 NFC speakers, 4 in different rooms. When I have a get together in the garden or whatever they can pair up to be 2 stereo pairs too Bit pricey but #plushconvenience
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                      Originally posted by BigIan88
                      turn off that sexy nonsense
                      Originally posted by Salad Soup
                      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Do none of the BOSE speakers have this function? A USB socket would do the trick wouldn't it?

Some of the quality and functionality on some of the sound bars are awesome. My ex-gf's Dad had one, he could control it all from his iPad, awesome sound quality, speakers in different rooms that could play different things - it was mental.

Needless to say, her Mum couldn't use it
                        GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                          I've got Nokia 360 NFC speakers, 4 in different rooms. When I have a get together in the garden or whatever they can pair up to be 2 stereo pairs too Bit pricey but #plushconvenience
                          those nokias look very nice but expensive, i bet the sound quality is pretty good

Originally posted by Stevo101 View Post
                          Do none of the BOSE speakers have this function? A USB socket would do the trick wouldn't it?

Some of the quality and functionality on some of the sound bars are awesome. My ex-gf's Dad had one, he could control it all from his iPad, awesome sound quality, speakers in different rooms that could play different things - it was mental.

Needless to say, her Mum couldn't use it
                          I have never really been a fan of bose, they just seem so expensive and you are paying for the brand

Comment

I have an old stereo system, so old it has a multi-cd drawer thing on it - but most importantly, it has phono input.

My Z1 Compact sits in the dock on my desk, I have a http://www.philips.ca/c-p/AEA2000_37...-hi-fi-adapter and I just tap the phone on the receiver (nfc required), plonk the phone in the dock, hit play on Spotify and there you go.

Cheap as chips
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

This has micro-USB for charging and blue-tooth for connectivity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iLuv-MobiAir...5374619&sr=8-1

Also Apple are talking about changing the 3.5 headphone connection since their purchase of Beats saying that they want a digital connection. Never mind that the actual speaker driver is analogue anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X