Cortana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortana

I always thought talking to a phone was a gimmick but loving it now I have figured out how to use it.

Setting an alarm is as easy as saying 'Wake me at 6' instead of going through the menus. The best feature, 'Remind me to get milk at ASDA' and when I go to ASDA it tells me I need milk.

Awesome.
    Last edited by Mebby; 20-10-14, 10:46.

cortana you mean?
    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
      cortana you mean?
      Woops.

Comment

Mebby he does?
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Sorry, I thought you were talking about google now, lol

TBH, I've only got a Win7.5 phone so not tried out cortana yet. There is a comparison of the three big assistances here, google is the most accurate and quickest but siri is more like a person with cortana in-between

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Googl...owdown_id59877

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
            Sorry, I thought you were talking about google now, lol

TBH, I've only got a Win7.5 phone so not tried out cotana yet. There is a comparison of the three big assistances here, google is the most accurate and quickest but siri is more like a person with cotana in-between

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Googl...owdown_id59877
            The GF has the G3 and we have been messing with them both. Cortana seems to recognize my mancunian a lot better than google. No apple devices here so can't comment on Siri.

Comment

Google Now with Google Wear works pretty well too, I like being able to talk to my watch to set an alarm, or a reminder for the next day when I arrive at work.
              Originally posted by coiler
              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
              Originally posted by BigIan88
              turn off that sexy nonsense
              Originally posted by Salad Soup
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

i always forget i have Siri
                never use it. but then i'm an old man, and i'm told that us old folk aren't "comfortable" talking to our tech like the youngsters of the world

Comment

Google voice recognition is scary good. It also has the advantage of giving you options instead of just guessing if it can't quite work out what you're saying.

Still rarely use it though.

Comment

i must just talk with a real bad accent, gotta put on an english accent to get siri to understand anything

Its like the headsets at work, was an ongoing joke with the managers, if we vote yes do we get scottish headsets
                    Alienware m15x I Intel Core i7 720qm I 8gb Kingston DDR3 I AMD M6000 2gb (7870m) I Full 1080 I Intel 3160AC wifi

RIG I Zalman z3 I Evga 600b I Intel core i5 3570k@Stock I Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-b3 I 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Exceleram I Amd XFX R9 290 4gb@1000/1300 NZXT Kraken with corsair h55 AIO I 1tb Samsung spinpoint / 500gb Hitachi deskstar

Comment

Don't know why google / samsung didn't give it a name - only marketing/user experience, but talking to "Siri" is so much better than saying "hi galaxy"

Microsoft's "Cortana" is also instantly forgettable as a name, unless you're a gamer.
                      Follow me @twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X