Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairphone's 250 'ethical' smartphone comes to the UK.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairphone's 250 'ethical' smartphone comes to the UK.

A little overpriced for the specs. http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/15/f...mes-to-the-uk/

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

You could get something similar for about 70

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Lol I know.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

The price of ethics for you.

But as we all know, the only way is ethics.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

It also donates three euros from each phone sold to a program that attempts to reduce electronic waste in Ghana.
          Tackling the big issues, I see.

Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

You've never been to Africa, have you....

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

No I haven't but I have seen reports of the dumping of electronics.

It's more the theory of this "Fairphone" I've got issue with - so to reduce waste and the detrimental effect that rabid consumerism is having on the planet, they want you to buy a new phone from them?
              I think I've got that right

lolwut.
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Need to get the Catholics out of Africa really, thats the biggest issue, its a sin to use condoms so lets all have AIDS, yay!

Oh and that $1 you were saving as well for food, Jesus needs that too.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                  Tackling the big issues, I see.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...mp-in-pictures

A pretty reasonable cause.

And of course the phone is underspecced for the price, that's pretty much the point. It would be nice to have every major company source ethically but the knock-on effect is additional cost.

Originally posted by omega View Post
                  No I haven't but I have seen reports of the dumping of electronics.

It's more the theory of this "Fairphone" I've got issue with - so to reduce waste and the detrimental effect that rabid consumerism is having on the planet, they want you to buy a new phone from them?
                  I think I've got that right

lolwut.
                  The irony wasn't lost on me
                  NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

The problem isn't that computers from the 90's are dumped in a river in Ghana, the problem is that the country (continent) is in such a dire state of poverty and lack of education that people are literally killing themselves to melt the gold out of a motherboard (how much energy it takes to do this, and quite who they're supposed to sell it to, and what they think they'll buy with the money is yet another massive plothole )

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                      The price of ethics for you.

But as we all know, the only way is ethics.
                      posted by scrivz69
                      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                      X