Headphone Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone Recommendations

Hi all. Missus is looking for some decent headphones for her Huwawei G510.

Most importantly they should sound good and be pretty sturdy. But it would also be nice if they had inline mic and volume controls. They also need to be inner ear ones that she can wear under her hat.

So, any suggestions?

Cheers all!

I got some ei8htball EX811 a while ago and use them with my nexus 5, great headphones

http://www.ei8htball.co.uk/about-the-earphones/

Sound quality out of them is very very good, all metal casing too.

The downside is there is an inline control but all that does is answer calls (there is a mic in there too) and launch google now no volume control.

Comment

Had some eightballs and they really didn't last long, braiding came apart and then the button broke and needed a lot of pressure to activate. Although while they worked they were great, agree with sound quality and for the price were a bargain, might have just had a bad pair but it's put me off buying another set.

Stepped up and forked out for some Jays and a few months on they are still going strong. However they are a bit pricey for just using with your phone.
      Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
      Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
        Had some eightballs and they really didn't last long, braiding came apart and then the button broke and needed a lot of pressure to activate. Although while they worked they were great, agree with sound quality and for the price were a bargain, might have just had a bad pair but it's put me off buying another set.

Stepped up and forked out for some Jays and a few months on they are still going strong. However they are a bit pricey for just using with your phone.
        I had an issue with my first pair of the left speaker cutting out if the cable was twisted a certain way, felt like a broken cable to me so I emailed ei8ghtball and they sent me a replacement set for free under warranty with no issues at all, great service and they only took 2 days to get to me.

i was in my 1 year warranty for this, they had great service when i emailed them

forgot to add, my 2nd pair have been fine and rock solid

Comment

Originally posted by gray.woodford View Post
          I had an issue with my first pair of the left speaker cutting out if the cable was twisted a certain way, felt like a broken cable to me so I emailed ei8ghtball and they sent me a replacement set for free under warranty with no issues at all, great service and they only took 2 days to get to me.

i was in my 1 year warranty for this, they had great service when i emailed them

forgot to add, my 2nd pair have been fine and rock solid
          I managed to just get a full refund from amazon which was good for me. Think I bought them at the same time as you after a previous forum post about them so bad batch I guess.
          Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
          Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
            I managed to just get a full refund from amazon which was good for me. Think I bought them at the same time as you after a previous forum post about them so bad batch I guess.
            I got mine from amazon too so there is a good chance, couldnt return mine to amazon though as it was after the first month, was being weird so thats why i went to them direct

Comment

Klipsch S4A get a lot of love from droid users

just seen on HUKD that the big river has SoundMagic E10's at 23.98
              good price that
              Last edited by niceguyrichy; 17-10-14, 13:04.

Comment

Love my ei8htballs. And they have been rock solid here. No issues at all.
                Originally posted by coiler
                the trails is where life flows best
                Originally posted by coiler
                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Had a pair of Soundmagic E10's for about a month now, gutted that they're going for that price on Amazon, they're the best pair of headphones I've ever owned
                  The reviews don't lie, they really do blow away everything in that price range, they're brilliant.
                  I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
                  Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
                    Had a pair of Soundmagic E10's for about a month now, gutted that they're going for that price on Amazon, they're the best pair of headphones I've ever owned
                    The reviews don't lie, they really do blow away everything in that price range, they're brilliant.
                    Second that. Love my e10s best headphones I've ever owned
                    Alienware m15x I Intel Core i7 720qm I 8gb Kingston DDR3 I AMD M6000 2gb (7870m) I Full 1080 I Intel 3160AC wifi

RIG I Zalman z3 I Evga 600b I Intel core i5 3570k@Stock I Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-b3 I 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Exceleram I Amd XFX R9 290 4gb@1000/1300 NZXT Kraken with corsair h55 AIO I 1tb Samsung spinpoint / 500gb Hitachi deskstar

Comment

Working...
                    X