No announcement yet.

Which phone to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apropos of not much, looking at the ads for the latest Apple carp, I can't see that it look much different from my pedestrian Nexus 4.

Maybe it is all in the mind.
    Last edited by michaelkenward; 04-10-14, 14:47.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Well, retentions phoned back after I requested my PAC code, and offered a better deal.
      Free Sony Z3 Compact, unlimited calls/texts and 4gig data for £26pm and no upfront cost.

Thank you. Why did you make me request my PAC code and go through the whole cancelled contract T&C's rigmarole before I was offered that?? Hmmm?
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
        Why did you make me request my PAC code and go through the whole cancelled contract T&C's rigmarole before I was offered that?? Hmmm?
        That seems to be the magic password. Say "PAC Code" and the price plummets.

I got as far as getting a SIM from O3 when EE's retention team rang. An hour or so later and I would have been out of there.

They asked what O3 was offering and undercut it by about 50p.

Did someone say something about rewarding loyal customers?
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Z3C looks to be the winner for me. But should I get the standard black or the more interesting Orange?
          Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

I hit the interesting orange.
            And yes, the phrase loyal customer was used
            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

If you want a big screen (5,2") Sony xperia Z3
              if you want a normal screen (4,6") Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
              In my humble opinion Sony have made a marvelous line-up this year, superior to samsung/lg and head to head with htc

Comment

Z3C arrived yesterday.
                Have spent all day playing on it, installing stuff (over 4G) and leaving all non essentials like gps, WiFi and Bluetooth on.
                I'm now on 74% having unplugged my phone at 6.30 this morning.
                Epic battery life is epic

Nice size, lovely build quality. Too much Sony bloatware but overall much happier than I was with my galaxy.

Comment

Z3C arrived yesterday.
                  Have spent all day playing on it, installing stuff (over 4G) and leaving all non essentials like gps, WiFi and Bluetooth on.
                  I'm now on 74% having unplugged my phone at 6.30 this morning.
                  Epic battery life is epic

Nice size, lovely build quality. Too much Sony bloatware but overall much happier than I was with my galaxy.
                  nice phone got a sweet spot for xperia's, battery life sound good ran antutu or quadrant on it yet?
                  Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

Comment

Too much Sony bloatware but overall much happier than I was with my galaxy.
                    It is even worse when your phone company insists on slapping on useless carp that sometimes duplicates (very badly) stuff that comes with Android.

That is one reason why I bought my last phone SIM-free

Comment

Working...
                    X