Budget 'Spec Me A Chinese Phone' Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
    I have a Doogee 2014 turbo here and it's a great little phone, does everything well, as been said before the battery drain can be quite fast to start with if you hammer them but then slows down, I can leave it on all night and it's still on 100% in the morning, it must be the 5" screens that do it, my V3 is the same. You can still get through the day with general usage no problem.
    that's about 100 though isn't it
    was wondering if anyone had tried one of those £53 handsets ?
    can't imagine the screens or cameras are up to much, but they still seem bargainous at that price so long as they're usable

Comment

Clone phones are crap, all the decent makes see to have it sussed with android now and everything works, buy one and give it ago lol, my redmi note is a brilliant device, a little to big for some people but it does everything brilliantly and with updates it will hopefully do more and xiaomi has a massive presence with developers and the like.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
        that's about 100 though isn't it
        was wondering if anyone had tried one of those £53 handsets ?
        can't imagine the screens or cameras are up to much, but they still seem bargainous at that price so long as they're usable
        not yet but my friend wants me to get her a t5s to replace her fame
        Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

Comment

What's not to like.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
            there are some usable looking handsets for just over the 50 quid mark
            anyone tried one of the uber cheap 1GB ram quads then ?
            My Mrs has the Cubot S208, was £73.

Pretty good, 5" quad core, 1gb ram, works totally fine.

There's no bloatware at all, its almost stock android.

That's the cheapest phone I've tried really.

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
            Those are on eBay for £56.99 shipped from UK as well.
            Last edited by El Wayneo; 18-09-14, 21:14.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
              seems mad, I just spent that much on only a few bits & pieces in Tesco
              might have to try one just for fun

Comment

Yeah I was saying to the Mrs about how she has just spent more in the Gap kids sale then her phone cost.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post

I spotted that actually, it's in my watch list waiting on payday next weds......I think she's the one lol

Well, either that or the DG310 Scrivz spotted as there doesn't seem to be much in it.
                  Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                  Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

As El wayneo said buy and try if you don't like it stick it back on eBay.

Comment

Ended up putting up with the Nokia til it finally died a couple of days ago, at which point an immaculate Moto G appeared on Gumtree in the next village for £80.

I'm in love
                      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Working...
                      X