See less

Chinese phone thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well the phone is here 15 days from ordering which is pretty good. Have only taken a quick look to check the firmware version and its running the latest global. UK missing as a locale but otherwise looks good.

Comment

• Locale for the UK is out on mot of the roms now mate, see if there is an update available. Lol edit, just read it's on the latest. Doh.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• Anyone know where I find the SKU Item Number on Gearbest?

My headphone jack is semi-busted on my phone (Sounds like I have the 3.5mm jack half-inserted on both in/on-ear headphones I have) and I'm trying to fill out a support ticket on the gearbest website.
        "They're gonna find out
        I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
        But they're gonna find out
        And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
          Anyone know where I find the SKU Item Number on Gearbest?

My headphone jack is semi-busted on my phone (Sounds like I have the 3.5mm jack half-inserted on both in/on-ear headphones I have) and I'm trying to fill out a support ticket on the gearbest website.
          ive had a look and i cant find the number on the site, it might possibly be on your order confirmation when u purchased? failing that its another question to C service

Comment

• Ah just found it in my confirmation email, the last place I looked.
            "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
              ...just found it in... ...the last place I looked.
              This always bugs me... Of course it's the last place you looked. You'd have to be pretty daft to continue looking for it elsewhere after you'd found it
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• Had a reply from GB this morning with the following:
                Please send us clear picture of the issue in good lighting.
                Considering my issue is of the sound coming out the headphone jack, and the fact there is nothing visually wrong I don't see what good a picture will do.
                "They're gonna find out

Comment

• The latest update is I either return the phone (At my expense) to china for a free repair or keep the phone and get $15 USD in credit on my Gearbest account.

I'm thinking of just sending it back for repair though I would have to go back to my old Xperia for a bit.
                  Also as much as the headphone jack not visibly damaged and the phone is in good condition (Kept in the included case from day 1), I can't help thinking they will come back to me say the issue was caused by me.
                  "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Not sure how many folk on here have a P9000 but finally there is a stable build of 7.0 out for it.

"This version can only use flash, after this update, you can use OTA to update the next version."
                    http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13393-...l#.WPhYNG996M8
                    "They're gonna find out

Comment

• I have to say..mine is still on 6.0 and if it aint broke etc etc.... I cant see anything in 7.0 that I need as such...even though the 72 new emojis are tempting..... ( JK) ... you flashed yours?
                      posted by scrivz69
                      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• A nice price on the snapdragon version of the Xiaomi note 4, says it has band 20 as well. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Inter...ay-376547.html

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                          I have to say..mine is still on 6.0 and if it aint broke etc etc.... I cant see anything in 7.0 that I need as such...even though the 72 new emojis are tempting..... ( JK) ... you flashed yours?
                          Did flash mine. Not because I had a need/want for 7.0 and what it adds, but more because it's here in official form so why not.
                          Had held off on the beta since my daily driver is the P9000 therefore didn't want an unfinished/not fully working rom on my device.

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
                          A nice price on the snapdragon version of the Xiaomi note 4, says it has band 20 as well. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Inter...ay-376547.html
                          That's a pretty good price on the note 4 with decent looking specs and what looks to be a nice size battery.

"They're gonna find out

Comment

• If it's as good as my note 3 which it should be and more it should be an awesome phone for the money.

Comment

• Seen this Lenovo ZUK Z2 listed on hotukdeals, 139 currently or 127 with code BGESZUK2.
                              http://www.banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z...tml?rmmds=cart

Not bad looking specs for the price, even nice that it's 64GB which is plenty storage as I didn't see an SD slot mentioned.
                              FullHD 5.0 inch, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Snapdragon 820 2.15GHz Quad-core, 4G, USB Type-C and fingerprint sensor, 3500mAh battery

No idea on what bands what for sim cards though?
                              2G: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
                              CDMA 800MHz
                              3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
                              TD-SCDMA B34/B39
                              CDMA2000 800MHz
                              4G: FDD-LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8
                              TDD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41
                              "They're gonna find out

Comment

• There are a total of 5 different frequencies used in the UK used by the mobile networks to deliver their 2G, 3G and 4G mobile services.

800MHz (Band 20)
                                900MHz (Band 8)
                                1800MHz (Band 3)
                                2100MHz (Band 1)
                                2600MHz (Band 7)

http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/
                                posted by scrivz69
                                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                                X