Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Nice one mate, I was looking at a bigger battery on ebay aswell for 10 lol
    Its the 3g left on 24 hours a day that kills the battery we have been messing about with it at work on 2 phone's /HTC desire and my San francisco all got 4 - 7 days stand by and i get 3 days with random 3g use.

Comment

I am usually sitting in front of one computer or another most of the day so can easily plug my phone in to charge. They are not really phones as such, more like a mini laptop PC in your pocket and therefore work quite differently to other phones. I think once you realise this, the battery life no longer is an issue.
      My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
        First of all the latest galaxy f/w is 2.2.1 which is tons better than just 2.2.
        that should also help on your battery life too however having your data connections turned off when not in use will help loads on your battery.

I generally get 1 day out of mine however when I completely turned off all data connections i got approx 1.5 days out of it.

But as a whole the battery is not the best but all smart phones have similar issues.

When i first got my iphone i was lucky to get a day out of that. once the initial novelty has worn off you'll probably find you get longer out of it.
        Originally posted by Lynx View Post
        Hold down power and tap off mobile data when not in use, i used 20% in a day by keeping that mostly off before.
        Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
        I am usually sitting in front of one computer or another most of the day so can easily plug my phone in to charge. They are not really phones as such, more like a mini laptop PC in your pocket and therefore work quite differently to other phones. I think once you realise this, the battery life no longer is an issue.
        I've been turning off the Data when I'm not using it, seems to have helped quite a bit. I'm starting to get used to it now, If it bothers me that much I'll buy a bigger battery but it seems to be okay at the moment. Phone generally seems quite laggy at the moment though, The Back button takes a few presses sometimes for the phone to register it
        Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

it took about 2 weeks of use before my x10 got optimal battery life from a charge

i always leave the network mode on GSM only unless i want to use the net

Comment

2 days of medium use, 1 day of heavy use, both with Sync and Data on, Wifi on simetimes as well.

Comment

Working...
            X