No announcement yet.

iPhone X Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still on a 5S from launch and it's been great but the battery has just about had it now. I have been waiting on this launch to see what they can offer me. The X looks good but i don't want to pay that much for a phone, It's also slightly bigger than the current iphone 6/7 range and thats one of the reasons i have not upgraded yet. I keep my phone in my pocket mostly so don't want anything bulky that i will roll on when working under a car for example.
    I have been using my dad's 6 for a few days while on holiday and now my screen seems tiny so i think i'm going to bite the bullet and get an iPhone 8. It's a fair upgrade from my 5s so should be happy with it.

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

I believe that Apple were unhappy that people didn't see iPhones as being premium devices any more. The galaxy S8 was actually more expensive. So they had to hit a price point that makes people think it is the best phone in the world again.

The iPhone SE I thought was the best iPhone for a while. Affordable, decent performance, and quite popular. A lot of people were looking forward to a SE2 earlier in the year, but it never appeared.

Now, I see this new release and wonder if it's killed the SE.
      Anyone buying the 8 will feel like they have the cheaper iPhone. And the cheaper iPhone is now £50 more than the most expensive iPhone was last year.

And because Apple have done this, it gives permission for the other manufacturers to go crazy too. I expect to see most new flagship phones to be £700+ and some to be £900+.

I feel for parents who will now have their beloved brats demanding the iPhone X. Anyone getting the iPhone 8 will be instantly branded a cheapskate.
      Overall, Apple have not been socially responsible, but then should any of us be surprised?
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

I'm convinced, I'm selling my S7 and all my possessions so i can afford one. Do they take SD cards yet?

iphones are just poor Samsung rip offs. They even use Samsung screens.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Who thought Microsoft Windows numbering was odd?
          7, 8, 10.

Apparently not Apple.

It's that classic plagiarism test - deliberately make a mistake to see who copies you.....
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Who thought Microsoft Windows numbering was odd?
            7, 8, 10.

Apparently not Apple.

It's that classic plagiarism test - deliberately make a mistake to see who copies you.....

Comment

I thought it was because 7 8 9.

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                ban tbh
                i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  He went there...

I still think there will be an 9 and possibly a 10. This is an iPhone X not 10. Yes I am aware X is 10 but they are not calling it the 10, it's the X.

Bad numbering system? What about the xbox one?

On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpuZAalt6k

lolz
                    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post

He went there...

I still think there will be an 9 and possibly a 10. This is an iPhone X not 10. Yes I am aware X is 10 but they are not calling it the 10, it's the X.

Bad numbering system? What about the xbox one?
                      https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/1...ures-announced

The long-awaited and extensively leaked special edition iPhone is finally upon us, and it’s called the iPhone X (pronounced “iPhone 10”). This new super flagship phone from Apple features an edge-to-edge screen with a notch at the top to accommodate the front-facing camera and new Face ID sensors.

Comment

Hmm, So they are calling it the 10 (i was going off the "leaked" articles a couple of days before the launch event)

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                          Rip off price, Apple treating it's customers like mugs.
                          What's new? Isn't that the Apple approach to doing business?
                          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Gotta say... I want one. I'm bored of Bloatsung and quite frankly, I fancy a change from Android.
                            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

i dont like using the new phones with screens all the way to the edge.

i keep "touching" them whilst holding it and it breaks what ever i am doing all the time :/
                              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X