Spec me a <100 phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me a <100 phone

I'm looking to switch my mums phone from her current Nokia 150 to an android device.

Hoping to spend sub 100 as she's a very basic android user and doesn't know much over downloading apps, searching google, and tbh I doubt she'll use all the features available

Decent battery size/life, 5" screen or above, and decent spec for the price (I'm not expecting powerful but as long the phone doesn't feel slow).
    Also would prefer a branded device over something chinese so that I can set it up for her and then forget about it.
    She's on tesco mobile so needs to be compatible with her existing sim either locked to Tesco or unlocked.

Did have a quick look at Tesco and they had some Alcatel devices, an LG k3/8 and some Moto one I can't remember the name of?
    "They're gonna find out
    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
    But they're gonna find out
    And it's gonna be over real quick"

moto g4 is the one i think you mean?

i would give a good long look at the chinese ones as that budget gets you much more hardware from them than motorola
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

My wife has a Doogee X5pro she loves it.... bought her a Samsung J something or other at christmas.... that has been sidelined and she still uses the Doogee... there are loads new on the Bay of E for under 100
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Doro Liberto 820 Mini SIM-Free Smartphone - Black/Steel

Just bought for family member for 65, although its back to 85 now, still a bargain, for someone wanting a compact droid phone which gets good reviews.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
          moto g4 is the one i think you mean?

i would give a good long look at the chinese ones as that budget gets you much more hardware from them than motorola
          Actually it was 2 moto phones I seen, the C and E3. Also saw the LG K3/8 along with Lenovo A Plus, and Alcatel Pixi 4 6"
          Tesco do sell a Doro 8030 but not keen on it for the 109 price. Looks awful, only a 4.5" screen and runs 5.1 Android, plus doesn't look like the battery life is good.

Might just look into chinese ones see what is out there, though as mentioned I would like to stick with branded if possible.

I got my Elephopne P9000 from gearbest, but is there anywhere else to consider looking?
          Don't want to deal with sending a phone back to china if I have any issue, since with my P9000 GB said use regular post to return it for repair but the post office refused as it was a device with battery.
          "They're gonna find out

Comment

Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
            Actually it was 2 moto phones I seen, the C and E3. Also saw the LG K3/8 along with Lenovo A Plus, and Alcatel Pixi 4 6"
            Tesco do sell a Doro 8030 but not keen on it for the 109 price. Looks awful, only a 4.5" screen and runs 5.1 Android, plus doesn't look like the battery life is good.

Might just look into chinese ones see what is out there, though as mentioned I would like to stick with branded if possible.

I got my Elephopne P9000 from gearbest, but is there anywhere else to consider looking?
            Don't want to deal with sending a phone back to china if I have any issue, since with my P9000 GB said use regular post to return it for repair but the post office refused as it was a device with battery.
            Did you use Paypal? ...They will refund the price as they know they pull then send it post trick
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

I can't remember if I did? Was only a broken 3.5mm jack so didn't really worry too much,
              Ended up cracking afterwards the screen anyway and couldn't get a new one to work properly, so went and got an Honor 8.

"They're gonna find out

Comment

Working...
              X