Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needs to replace OnePlus 3, but what with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs to replace OnePlus 3, but what with?

I didn't really want to replace my OnePlus 3,however I manged to drop the damn thing yesterday and crack the screen, first time since I've started using touchscreen phones that I've ever managed to break a screen!

It only cost me 270 to begin with, so a screen replacement doesn't seem economical. However OnePlus have since gone all mainstream and started charging close to 500 for their new model which rules that out, as I want a phone like the OnePlus 3 which I'm not afraid to leave in my pocket while I go mountain biking etc.

Features I want to keep, which the OnePlus 3 has:

Good camera, preferably with optical image stabilisation
    Some sort of 'fast charge' feature equivalent to OnePlus's DashCharge system
    USB-C
    5-5.5" screen
    NFC
    Fingerprint reader
    Last edited by Cypher; 25-07-17, 17:08.
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

if you don't mind dropping to 5.2" screen there is always the Wileyfox Swift 2 X?

16mp rear camera (samsung sensor)
    Qualcomm Quick Charge v3.0
    USB-C
    NFC
    Fingerprint reader.
    15 screen replacement charge!
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

xiaomi mi5s is a fantastic phone 5.15 inch screen but can be had for around 200 with usb c and fingerprint scanner
      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

I've got the Swift 2X. Love it.

Managed to get mine for 149 on Prime Day.

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Swift 2X looks a good shout, although I couldn't bring myself to buy one now knowing that a few weeks ago it was 149. haha

The Xiaomi stuff looks good, but also seems to be a pain to get in the UK, especially if there are warranty issues?

I wouldn't mind dropping down to nearer 5", would fit in my pocket easier and I don't need the big screen now I have a tablet as well.

Apparently there's a new 5.5" Xiaomi due for release/announcement tomorrow too so I'll see what that looks like, the Mi 6 looks very nice but a little above what I'd be happy to go biking with.
          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

Ooh just spotted GearBest have the Xiaomi Mi6 on special offer for 320...I think I could live with that. And 5.2" screen would be perfect, plus it's splash proof so I don't have to worry about getting it out in the rain when I'm biking.

Comment

Chuck some cash at this http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Globa...ck-377527.html Band 20 support, global rom and brilliant for the money. If you smash it just buy another one. People think cheap is crap but they make solid phones with great hardware with out the scamsung price tag.

Cypher, just make sure it has the global rom installed.http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Offic...ck-379852.html Or you could have some fun.

Or. http://forums.aria.co.uk/forum/tradi...metal-unlocked
              Last edited by scrivz69; 25-07-17, 21:12.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

I've an Honor 8 and so far it's been flawless.
                USB-C, Fast charge, NFC, Fingerprint scanner, 5.2" 1080p screen and a decent enough camera.

It does run EMUI on android 7, but TBH i've not had any major issues with it, and I like it.
                "They're gonna find out
                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                But they're gonna find out
                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Thats one of the things I like about the WileyFox Swift2 range - it runs what is essentially vanilla android 7.

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                  X