Nvidia mining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia mining

i want to try get back into mining although im still a beginner and dont actually get what some of the stuff means LOL...
    what is the best coin at the minute to mine with Nvidia cards?

i have a GTX 1080 so thought id try again and see if i can get anywhere, i tried feathercoins but keep getting Booooos not sure where ive gone wrong though,
    using cudaminer
    if anyone has any tips or better programs/coins to use please let me know
    thanks

I'd suggest that you mine something which is actually profitable.

Sadly, I've no clue on the CUDA side of things.

What error messages do you get? It may be something simple to solve.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

sorry for the late reply...
      after a lot of playing about to get it going, everything looks fine other than the Booooooos,
      have seen a step by step guide on setting up Ether...... (whatever its called) although it looks complicated im gonna try setting it up.

what coins are worth mining?

Comment

Ether is currently in a very unstable state due to the hack (Google search Ethereum and you'll soon see!) that took place.

I'm currently not mining anything due to the cost fluctuating too much and the proposed fix coming soon. I've actually had my rigs running in idle for as much as 15 hours a day due to the pool going offline, presumably whilst they try to update it.

For now, the rigs are staying off.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

ahh thanks for the info mate, which pools do you normally mine? i have a couple in my favorites from when i tried mining last time but they dont seem to be online

thanks

Comment

I was using weipool.org, but I think they're in the middle of getting ready for the hardfork which is meant to be on Monday if I remember rightly. We shall see what happens to the coin when they put the plan into action. It may die completely, or it may revive.

Comment

Working...
            X