is anyone still mining?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anyone still mining?

i havent done any mining for a while cos i wasnt actually getting anywhere with it.
    is anyone still mining? is it worth starting it up again (with a GTX 770)

They've just started an open cast down the road from me!
    I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
    Dave Burnett

Comment

Don't think it's worth it at the moment. Most of the 'new' cryptocurrencies (dogecoin etc) seem to have faded away as fads, and bitcoin is still dominated by dedicated silicon mining rigs.

I'm not an expert though, someone might know some niche areas where you can still turn a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
        They've just started an open cast down the road from me!
        That won't be Glencore by any chance?

Digging a hole to bury itself in?
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
          That won't be Glencore by any chance?

Digging a hole to bury itself in?
          Or it could be Barrick, come to give us cyanide flavoured water.
          Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
          Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

It is Polesworth which is slap bang in the middle of a series of faults that brings loads of seams up to the surface. Most of the village is built on the only natural hill for miles.
            Mining built a lot of the housing around here.
            I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
            Dave Burnett

Comment

Working...
            X