No announcement yet.

0.17 bitcoin needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Putdrive also does torrent downloading as it fails Usenet incompletes and it doesn't pass on the parts to allow you to par repair them.........

Though oddly the two test files i tried failed twice but on the 3rd attempt they completed.

Either they are a bit flakey and work in progress or they have more than one usenet server source and it's just luck which one you get?

Comment

The PAR2 files can sometimes be filtered out by settings, in AltBinz i know i can control the files like that quite well, PAR2 files are a godsend sometimes, i've repaired some complete train wrecks of file sets using them, and as you said sometimes a different server farm will yield 1 or 2 more/different complete files in the set and the repair becomes possible

Torrents i find are better now for really old files or P2P stuff, although i don't have anything installed like utorrent, aand when i did i used to run the likes of peerguardian as well, so these sorts of things that grab for you are tempting at times

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Soooo, slightly on but off topic, what's a good usenet?

Comment

AstraWeb works good for me for good stable, quick access with very good retention, i've been using the 180GB for $25 prepaid package, but that used to be 250gb, i see they now do a 1000gb package, that'll probably last you quite a while, it depends on what you download, and also if like me, you have some basic acess with your isp
          Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-01-15, 13:00.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
          - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
          X