Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 g/hash biostar board

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...dq-van-biostar

why make the comparison to graphics cards though when they arn't used for BTC?

The Taiwanese Biostar, creator of several motherboards, has now released a special board to "be able to dig." Digital coins Biostar will hereby be possibly turned on by, among other things, the success of the mining of digital coins, which makes some AMD GPUs at the time would be more difficult to obtain.The interest in such digital currencies, Bitcoin where the most famous example of this, it seems to rise tremendously and therefore optimized for this hardware.
    So Biostar brings a specific motherboard with the name BTC 24gH. This motherboard was designed to mine Bitcoins and includes 64 special ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) specifically developed to compute. Digital coins The signs are no other motherboard in the traditional sense of the word. This involves a printed circuit board with specific hardware purely aimed at the calculation of Bitcoins. The special plates with 64 ASICs consume 130 watts and this provides 24 gigahases calculations per second for bitcoins. This would, according to Biostar, are 30 times faster than a Radeon HD 7970 or Radeon R9 280X GPU from AMD. The various plates can be connected in a by making use of the plate present on the COM-port in order to put down. Use a powerful system The final plate in the chain must be connected to a PC by using. An USB cable
    It is not clear how much the signs are and when they will become available.

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

But can you overclock it?

Comment

Can it run Crysis?

Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Hmm. Two 20/24 pin connections. Why not just run it from two PCIe 6pins? Makes far more sense, doesn't it?

They need to create scrypt miners for LTC to be honest. They'd be far cheaper to buy and more profitable in the long run.
        Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 24-03-14, 18:31.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I'm guessing the second 20/24 pin connection is a pass through for stacking the boards.......

Comment

Oh, I never thought of that. You may be very right.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/eve...coin/page2.htm

Comment

It all boils down to cost really. They should've gone with one to do scrypt coins though.

Comment

Yeah , i can't imagine it will be a 39.99 board.

Comment

I can't imagine it would be all that much either though. You can get 180GH/s miners for $600 US.

Comment

Wow , they are getting cheap

Unless i've used a Bit calculator wrong it seems 24 g/hash is just over 70 a year so not worth it.

What were they thinking.

Comment

You'd need them to be sold at 50 each at the most. It won't happen.

Even then, 10 of them would cost 500 and you can almost get two of the Ant miners that'll double your performance for that kind of money.
                        Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 01-04-14, 01:08.

Comment

https://minereu.com/product/gridseed-miner/

There is a scrypt miner available 350K/h for 7 Watts at $215 each.

But after seeing how both LTC and BTC have massively crashed recently - I've done nothing. I'm just waiting to see if things recover and holding onto my small stock of things.

Termite

Comment

Working...
                          X