This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Seems some places say it supports AES. Some say it doesn't. Some say it will with a bios update. Intel doesn't really say anything....
    Doesn't look like it, sounds like your chip launched 2008 and AES launched 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Shame.. I'll just have to wait till the new server arrives!

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Just tried to use Revolut (the app bank account thingy) to switch up some coins because it seemed quite straightforward, but they've cheekily hidden the crypto trading behind a subscription paywall (6.99 per month) OR get 3 referrals to use the app.

Thought I'd found a quick way to cash out crypto there.
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• 1600 Ryzen is doing around 480 hashes per second on cryptonight which is basically Monero (XMR) equates to about $1.7 dollars a day using 73 watts an hour, which is roughly 17 pence electric over 24 hour period, so about $1.5 dollars profit a day, that's $45 dollars a month.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...iness-42940728

Lloyd's Bank are going to ban customers using it's credit cards to buy crypto.

Note that it's only credit cards, people can still use bank transfer or debit cards, and they say they're doing it because so many people are racking up credit debt, with no intention of paying it off.

Not sure if banks can already do this for other things, like gambling, but it's an interesting move to push a blanket ban on crypto purchases.
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• I can sort of see the logic in that.

With any sort of currency speculation or gambling, you should only 'bet' the amount you can afford to lose and only with money that's actually yours.

Using a debit card gets rid of half of that issue, as people will only spend what they actually have. Whether they can afford to lose it or not is another discussion.

If it was on a credit card, the temptation is to max out your credit card limit buying BTC or similar, way past the amount you're able to repay. I actually think it's a sensible thing to do.

And at the end of the day, it's the bank's money you're spending anyway

Comment

• Plus people doing it, will sit on whatever crypto they bought an probably spend it when value has jump 10x to 100x more than originally bought with using credit card, which they still owe for. Rumour is Paypal is going do same, ban purchases of crypto due to amount people doing charge backs, saying it was unauthorised payment. They get to keep their crypto acquired by dodgy means an seller get's whammy off Paypal for it, however seller might just cancel everything an never pay Paypal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  I can sort of see the logic in that.

With any sort of currency speculation or gambling, you should only 'bet' the amount you can afford to lose and only with money that's actually yours.

Using a debit card gets rid of half of that issue, as people will only spend what they actually have. Whether they can afford to lose it or not is another discussion.

If it was on a credit card, the temptation is to max out your credit card limit buying BTC or similar, way past the amount you're able to repay. I actually think it's a sensible thing to do.

And at the end of the day, it's the bank's money you're spending anyway
                  You're given a credit limit by the card issuer / bank, so they've already assessed your ability to repay.

How is it different to spending money on anything else? If you can't pay, you can't pay. :/

I just think it's a bit cheeky, and a bit of a worrying precedent, to say what you can and can't buy, IMO.

Comment

• There must be a reason though mustn't there? I mean, who benefits from you using a credit card to buy things? The bank/lender. They make money from any interest you are charged on your credit amount. So why would they stop that?

It must be because there's a higher risk along the line somewhere?

But as I said before - it's not actually your money that you're spending. It's the bank's money, so they are entitled to say what it can be used for, especially if there is an increased risk of fraud etc or even funding criminals etc.

I suspect this is the first of many banks that will do this!

Comment

• They banned credit cards purchases couple days ago in America, just our banking sector starting to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                      X