Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind you, I've been waiting for half an hour for the confirmation email to come through from NiceHash...

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Just trying to set up the NiceHash miner... no idea what I'm doing..
      Run a benchmark so it can see what algorithm is most profitable for your hardware then set it off mining?
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Apparently on this CPU I need to use the legacy miner?

Comment

• Ok, so every time I try and run the NiceHash setup (either current or legacy) I get told I have no supported devices.

This is a Xeon X3320 on a fresh install of Win10. As far as I can see, it should work with the legacy miner at the very least. What am I missing? Or will it just not work with this CPU due to its age?

Comment

• I never signed up for anything with nicehash, just downloaded the client, entered my BTC Wallet address and clicked go
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• That would require it working with my CPU to start with : lol:

Comment

• OH

turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• It's probably missing instruction set required for cpu mining. Believe it's AES-NI or something the instruction set, without it can't do what's been required of it.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Hmm I thought that chip had that enabled. I'll have a look when I'm back at my desk.

Comment

• The cryptopocalypse is happening

Look at dem crashes.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                        Hmm I thought that chip had that enabled. I'll have a look when I'm back at my desk.
                        Seems some places say it supports AES. Some say it doesn't. Some say it will with a bios update. Intel doesn't really say anything....

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
                          The cryptopocalypse is happening

Look at dem crashes.

https://coinmarketcap.com/
                          I assume the crashes are related to South Korea?

Comment

• ^^ would appear so, a tiny percentage of crypto users in one country comparable to the global market and the coin values tank.

The market reacts in a stock protection model, one puts in regulation - how many others would then follow.
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
                              I never signed up for anything with nicehash, just downloaded the client, entered my BTC Wallet address and clicked go
                              doesn't that alter the payout % they take for using the client?

Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• What measures have NiceHash put in place since they were hacked a few weeks back?
                                i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Working...
                                X