This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about 10-20 mins work, not a bad hourly rate tbh

I forgot to mention, coinbase have quite high fee's compared to other exchanges to so whilst its easier/more convenient, you'll lose about a fiver from their fees
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• If I swap it for BTC then I might do better...

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Ripple another coin that tends go up by quite a bit too.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Currently attempting to cash out my 67k Dogecoin. ~850USD at time of writing - not bad for 5 days of messing about in 2013.

Current method is probably Doge -> shapeshift -> ETH directly into Gdax out via coinbase and a new Revolut bank account I made with free international currency transfers, and from there to my actual bank account.
          Unless anyone has any better suggestions aha.

(Note, shapeshifting to ETH rather than BTC for quick transaction processing and lower mining fee)
          Originally posted by andyn
          Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
          PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
          Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosford View Post
            Currently attempting to cash out my 67k Dogecoin. ~850USD at time of writing - not bad for 5 days of messing about in 2013.

Current method is probably Doge -> shapeshift -> ETH directly into Gdax out via coinbase and a new Revolut bank account I made with free international currency transfers, and from there to my actual bank account.
            Unless anyone has any better suggestions aha.

(Note, shapeshifting to ETH rather than BTC for quick transaction processing and lower mining fee)
            Definitely avoid BTC so you don't lose a ton on fees.

Maybe even hold your ETH for a few days to gain some "interest"

Can't think of a quicker way out tbh. If Kraken wasn't so slow at the mo I'd recommend that instead of Coinbase, but either way is ok.
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• My method is a lot easier
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Did it via the above method yesterday evening, doge had dropped somewhat so ended up clearing about 550. Shapeshift was spot on, made it super easy to move the funds into gdax. Turns out I can get the cash back out directly through gdax so saves that step.

I sat there for a bit watching ETH price but decided not to spend hours messing with it and just waited for a local peak to sell it. Will report back how long it takes to get the money from gdax to revolut.
                Originally posted by andyn
                Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

• Kraken SEPA transfers are usually next day

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                    Kraken SEPA transfers are usually next day
                    Are you having problems with Kraken? Almost every time I use it, it times out.

I don't trade on there anymore because it takes about 100 attempts to put through an order, and occasionally it doubles-up on orders placed, even when it says they've failed.
                    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                    Originally posted by BigIan88
                    turn off that sexy nonsense
                    Originally posted by Salad Soup
                    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Yeah it always does that, they really need to upgrade the servers running it. It might be slow but the fees make it one of the cheapest exchanges and its worth the hassle.

Comment

• ETH achievement unlocked at 6am this morning, broke the 1000 in value

I've started using transferwise to do the currency bit - posting referral link not allowed but if you want one PM me, gives you a transfer with 0 fees and me some cash once you transfer X through the account
                        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                          Still making tidy profit mining.
                          which pool and what cards? that's about twice my hash rate

//edit - looks like nanopools design
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post

which pool and what cards? that's about twice my hash rate

//edit - looks like nanopools design
                            Yeah it's nanopool, 4x rx570's, a 1070, a 290x and a 7950 gives me 200MH/s

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• just three 1070s here, 30MH/s each on average

During the day that drops to 2 as the rig and work I do needs to have one card working for me Soon there will be my old RX480 joining in

Started tinkering with some other alt coins with other rigs, tried Nicehash for a little while and will mine enough for a payout. LUXCoin is another I'm dabbling with for mining. I'm late to the party but I think I've got the bug.
                              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Yeah you can still make good money, considered expanding my setup, seen few mining setups for sale recently, was very tempting.

Comment

Working...
                                X