Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it were me, probably just after it crashes and becomes worthless.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      If it were me, probably just after it crashes and becomes worthless.
      Exactly, No one seems to be mentioning it yet. It's like stocks and shares, they keep going up but it's actually worthless unless you cash out at some point.

Originally posted by Aria
      On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

• And the problem is, as soon as you cash out they lose value for everyone else.

Comment

• This was a bus I well and truly missed lol......
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• I wish wish wish I'd bothered to get into the Ethereum network at the beginning. I'll be honest, it looked like a big illegal scam, so I swerved it

He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by M4T VW View Post

Exactly, No one seems to be mentioning it yet. It's like stocks and shares, they keep going up but it's actually worthless unless you cash out at some point.
              Well apparently that's next thing due to crash, is the stocks/shares market. Experts claiming it's seriously inflated an due to pop like dot com bubble. Crypto is new kid on the block, possibly it could gain traction worldwide. It's said that currently all super rich and famous could soon start placing all their fiat hidden currently in offshore tax heavens into crypto instead, to hide it away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOFMyzQ5Go
              Last edited by k3vst3r; 01-12-17, 11:50.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• I suppose the problem with that is that its far too volatile to do that at the moment. For someone to invest millions into it, it needs to hold or gain value and the difference in price on a daily basis can be huge! Fiat might rise and fall a few pence/cents a day whereas BTC is doing both by the hundreds/thousands, per day at the moment.
                i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                  I suppose the problem with that is that its far too volatile to do that at the moment. For someone to invest millions into it, it needs to hold or gain value and the difference in price on a daily basis can be huge! Fiat might rise and fall a few pence/cents a day whereas BTC is doing both by the hundreds/thousands, per day at the moment.
                  Yeah, but as it gains adoption, so will regulations come into it from financial institutions, which will prevent manipulation an mass sell offs etc. It's only unstable because all the speculation around it, bit of bad news can wipe 50% off it, but once speculation dies down an it becomes the norm in day to day lives, won't ever see much change in value like do now. It's 300 billion dollar market now, stock markets and fiat are 100's of trillions, so would need get into trillions range before starts becoming stable.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• everyone is going crazy over crypto currencies but is no one concerned about the electricity usage https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ricity-ireland
                    FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                    "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

• Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
                      everyone is going crazy over crypto currencies but is no one concerned about the electricity usage https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ricity-ireland
                      That has actually been one of the concerns, the eventual cost of keeping the bitcoin network / blockchain 'running'.
                      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                      Originally posted by BigIan88
                      turn off that sexy nonsense
                      Originally posted by Salad Soup
                      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• $12,952.10

mental!
                        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• That's average price Ian, it's hitting almost $15,000 a coin on some exchanges.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler

Comment

• BTC next difficulty adjustment is in 20 blocks. Big jump in difficulty coming up, then it's locked in for next 2016 blocks. If price suddenly starts dropping fast on BTC be operation dragon slayer launching.
                                Current Difficulty: 1347001430558
                                Est. Next Difficulty: 1590748397051
                                Est. Difficulty change: 18.10%

Comment

Working...
                                X