Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not an easy task. Decentralisation has both benefits and drawbacks. It's just about making people see that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Comment

• Doge to the track: http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/28/o...=rss_truncated

John Wise's NASCAR entry in the Aaron's 499 at the Talladega Superspeedway is wrapped and ready to race after raising more than $55,000 in Dogecoin, a Doge meme-inspired virtual currency.
      Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
      Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
      i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

• That's awesome hope it does well.
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Bump!

What's everyone's thoughts on DOGE now? Been a while since there's been any activity, seems it still has a "value", although it appears to have hit a rut at around 40 satoshis, compared to the hundreds it reached earlier in the year.
          Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Only have around 3million DOGE left now, a lot was pushed over to BTC before the big rise and then some sold again for GBP at the top.

Comment

• If you can get anything then sell it, wont ever be worth anything good, bitcoin will eventually die as it will get linked to an actual terrorism event and get banned.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Interesting idea, how would you go about 'banning it' exactly?

Comment

• Well weve seen that with fewer exchanges allowing the coin the value plummets, so not that hard at all to force countries to ban the exchanges.

China issued a temporary ban at the end of november and bitcoin lost half its value from $1200 to $600, with mtgox crashing its never recovered the value.

But yes im sure it cant be banned from all use blah blah, but then if you can limit the use of it and its not worth very much whats the point of using it anyway, from a nongeek ingame purchase perspective anyway.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• You'd probably have to spend far more to ban it that the actual value of the currency though tbh. And it's not like criminals and terrorists were ever really limited by having to use greenbacks/drugs/guns as currencies. I doubt it's ever going to be a currency recognised as part of the "legitimate / government sanctioned" financial systems anyway though, despite all the hype at the end of last year, that was never really what it was intended for and it was always conceptually a bit too confusing for the 'bloke in the street'.

Comment

• doge starting to recover nicely up change: +234.86%

over last 30 days

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Interesting.

Anything happen to give it a reason to do so? Are we close to the 10,000,000,000 DOGE?

Comment

• New currency for an independent Scotland maybe??

Quick question' I'm still on 1.6 wallet; what do I do to update to 1.8? Seems to have changed a bit, there's an installer now, and I've not been paying attention for a couple of months?

Worked it out, I needed to hunt down the -qt exe and not the installer, seems to be doing some mega update / reindex thing but my coins are appearing again.
                          Last edited by omega; 14-09-14, 22:01.
                          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• i have my wallet keys stored from the android app.
                            i want to transfer the wallet to my pc now but dont have an android phone anymore.

is it at all possible lol ?
                            Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

• Originally posted by watercooled View Post
                              i have my wallet keys stored from the android app.
                              i want to transfer the wallet to my pc now but dont have an android phone anymore.

is it at all possible lol ?
                              Pretty sure the wallet is actually stored on the phone, so if you don't have access to that phone, it's gone.

Comment

• yes i backed the wallet up on the android phone then copied that file to my pc.
                                now i have the file but no andoid phone
                                Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

Working...
                                X