Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a lot of people were lured in with a false pretence of quick cash. That's not the aim of cryptos, especially not DOGE. The currency is growing fast, by that I mean there is an incredible amount entering the economy each day and it is actually doing well to at least hold it's value.

The idea is not to quickly mine a load and then sell it off for fiat as soon as you can. The aim is the actually use the currency. I've used DOGE quite a few times now, I've even bought DOGE with fiat to supplement what I already have. If the currency fails, well, balls, but if it doesn't it will enabled me to be a part of something that could be huge!

I'm not just into DOGE but the community has captured my interest.

Comment

• My mining days are over for the foreseeable future. With my current rig, it's making me a quid every 24 hours. It's not worth it. I'd rather sell off the lot and be done. It would take over 500 days to pay off what I have invested into it so far, so for me, it's an ending that is due.

I might return to it, one day, with a bigger and more powerful system. Until then though, we shall see. I've got a little stock of Doge left to play the market with. That's more for funsies than anything else though.

It's also down to another reason which I will not disclose but I've had my fun with it.
      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• have done a bit of Mooncoin and DigiByte over the past week or so.
        not really making money currently, getting a few to play in the markets with.

Comment

• Still holding nearly million doge myself to see what happens long term

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• I hope they hit as much as a penny each for your sake, Kev. You'll be swimming in it.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• i still mine for a few hours if im not using the comp and im out or streaming a movie from it but only picking up say 500 doge for 6 hours so really not worth it been looking at if there was any cheaper ways to mine or even get into bitcoin or another asiic currency with something like this http://hash-master.com/
              Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

• I think you may be better off with a couple of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Bitmain-Antmin.../dp/B00HL4MEG6

At current BTC difficulty levels it would fetch you 0.0213 BTC per 24 hours.

It only uses around 360W from the wall which makes it extremely efficient. You profit roughly 6 to 7 a day, after electricity costs.
                Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 22-03-14, 01:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                  I think you may be better off with a couple of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Bitmain-Antmin.../dp/B00HL4MEG6

At current BTC difficulty levels it would fetch you 0.0213 BTC per 24 hours.

It only uses around 360W from the wall which makes it extremely efficient. You profit roughly 6 to 7 a day, after electricity costs.
                  seems a better idea than buying high end gpu's for scrypt coins just a shame cant get something that does 10ghz on script for same price
                  Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

• good dam it... Was about to withdraw BTC from vircurex and they stopped all BTC transactions -_-

Comment

• Better hope they've not run off with your coins, Jack.

Comment

• Better not have! Was using them for my HobbyKing order

Comment

• Anyone know how long Cryptsy take to withdraw BTC?

Did a withdrawal at lunch and nothing so far. I know it took a day to get 25k Doge in a few months back but still slow?

Comment

• It varies so much. I've withdrawn LTC from Cryptsy and it was in my wallet within 10 minutes. I think it depends on the time of day and such. Although, it's worrying at times, especially when it's a bigger number of coins that you're waiting for.

On the other hand, I've waited near 36 hours for 100K Doge to go into my account, so it all depends on server load I suspect.

Comment

• Anyone else think DOGE is slowly dying?

Currently 098 and was 110 the other day. Slowly been going down since the beginning of march.

Anyone thinking about selling their stash? I don't have very much any more only 300k, hardly any bitcoins

Saying that many if not all the coins are just going down over the month.

Comment

• Doge only dies when people stop using it. It was never meant to be the high value currency that bitcoin is (or commodity shall we say).

If it becomes widely accepted, I would predict that we will see some movement within 6 months or so.

What you have to remember is that due to the way doge is released, we get 250k coins coming in each minute.

That's like 15 million per hour. I personally think it has done well to maintain such a high price as it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X