X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doge Coin Mining Megathread -gate 17 12 13

In holding my doge for now
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Am holding too, however have stopped mining for mean time

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Time to stock up on doge and wait for it to recover then trade to bitcoin i think.

Although i've made wayyyy more money buying bitcoins low then selling them on than i ever would from Doge again i think.

Buy at $528 and sell and $648, has gone up another $30 before dropping off again but plenty of cash to be made after fees still.

Anyone mining Aurora coins?? worth nearly $100.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
          Time to stock up on doge and wait for it to recover then trade to bitcoin i think.

Although i've made wayyyy more money buying bitcoins low then selling them on than i ever would from Doge again i think.

Buy at $528 and sell and $648, has gone up another $30 before dropping off again but plenty of cash to be made after fees still.

Anyone mining Aurora coins?? worth nearly $100.
          have 0.2 aurora

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Yeah its a lot harder once it gets on the news or gains traction, lots of super mega hash.

Have 2.4 now on my mates 4 x 290 miner is kind enough to lend me the power as he has made a lot of money.

No one leave their miners on litecoin just for income?

Edited: typo
            Last edited by El Wayneo; 06-03-14, 12:13.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• which is the best exchange atm for doge -> BTC/USD?
              CPU: 4670K | CPU COOLER: NH-D14 | MOBO: MSI Z87M-G43 |RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB | GPU: HD4600 | SSD/HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + WD Black 750GB | CASE: Bitfenix Outlaw | PSU: CM Silent Pro Gold 700W | OS: Win7Prox64

Comment

• Some crypto related news... CEO of First Meta found dead http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...tml?ir=UK+Tech

Although the fact the First Meta was just an exchange isn't stopping ignorant media from reporting "Bitcoin CEO commits suicide"
                Originally posted by coiler
                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                Originally posted by BigIan88
                turn off that sexy nonsense
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Is sad for anyone to take their own life really.

I wonder what effect if any it will have on bitcoin prices.

Might hear in the news that first meta got turned over as well.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Who else reckons doge is coming to a standstill? It's dropped massively in the past hour.
                    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• I have some spare cash gained from investments that's neither here nor there for me, I'll most likely be buying in with it. So if you've got DOGE you want to sell....

Comment

• Taking a bit of a tumble for sure but it's not over imo.

Will be holding mine still. Ride the waves.
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                        Originally posted by BigIan88
                        turn off that sexy nonsense
                        Originally posted by Salad Soup
                        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• It has been on a steady decline for a few weeks now and the hype has died down significantly.

I'm still going to hold on to what I have and pray for the day they are worth even 10% of BTC
                          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• In short and as I said from the start, the multipools have been gaming the system, DOGE has a certain block reward for each block, right? Now, that reward is actually not random, there is a certain pattern it follows. If it were truly random the currency would be prone to massive attacks of people claiming they had huge blocks when really they shouldn't have. As it stands each node knows "roughly" how much a certain block should payout and will only accept the block if within those guidelines.

What the multipools are doing is homing in on those high block rewards. So for instance, you get ten blocks which are crap rewards, then you get two high value blocks. What the DOGE devs have figured out is that the multipools have been coded to ignore the 10 bad blocks, then to mine the two high value ones. And of course, as each block only takes one minute, they will know exactly when those high value ones are coming.

They then dump all that DOGE into the market at a really low rate and convert to BTC to pay out to their workers in BTC instead. That's why the value is continually dropping, as while DOGE has dropped it is still very valuable when you take into account those really high value blocks.

The DOGE devs will be fixing the wallet so they cannot do this soon.

Comment

• Oh wow. That's insane! !

I had no idea that was the case. Damn you and your cleverness, Seb.
                              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• Wallet fix (1.6) is done, will be available for download within the next 24 hours, YOU MUST ALL UPDATE YOUR WALLETS TO REMAIN ON THE CORRECT FORK!!

Also, bought into DOGE at 107 satoshi, now at 142 satoshi again

Comment

Working...
                                X