Announcement

Collapse

Password resets

See more
See less

Doge Coin Mining Megathread -gate 17 12 13

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well with MtGox going down completely BitCoin value will dip, it has gone down $100 over all the exchanges already.

    But like before. Will go back up in a month. Good time to buy BTC actually. Investing a lot myself.

    Comment


    • http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/...Strategy-Draft

      Comment


      • Can I ask how people think DOGE can grow in value?

        I struggle with the concept, surely the fact is that as more and more of it gets mined it reduces the worth of my holdings?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shawry View Post
          Can I ask how people think DOGE can grow in value?

          I struggle with the concept, surely the fact is that as more and more of it gets mined it reduces the worth of my holdings?

          It gets harder to mine over time.

          Also you get less over time too.

          Kinda like gold.


          The main value is the belief in it just like all the coins.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jackster View Post
            It gets harder to mine over time.

            Also you get less over time too.

            Kinda like gold.


            The main value is the belief in it just like all the coins.
            If BTC stays relatively stable @ say $750 forever, then how can DOGE become worth more? surely as more DOGE is flooded onto the market it will devalue?

            I do understand it gets harder to mine, and you get less over time, but the fact that it can be mined forever and a day (noting that the amount mined becomes less) surely means that at best you might create a stable low end value?

            I cant think too straight on the issue really, and end up confusing myself

            Comment


            • BTC is still being mined, and you agree that's fairly stable, so I'm not sure I follow your logic??
              Originally posted by coiler
              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
              Originally posted by BigIan88
              turn off that sexy nonsense
              Originally posted by Salad Soup
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shawry View Post
                If BTC stays relatively stable @ say $750 forever, then how can DOGE become worth more? surely as more DOGE is flooded onto the market it will devalue?

                I do understand it gets harder to mine, and you get less over time, but the fact that it can be mined forever and a day (noting that the amount mined becomes less) surely means that at best you might create a stable low end value?

                I cant think too straight on the issue really, and end up confusing myself
                Bitcoin itself is the perfect counter-argument to what you are saying.

                When it was new, it was barely mined, and worth nothing.

                Now a lot of the potential bitcoins (50% of the address space or so iirc?) have been mined, and it's worth hundreds of dollars for a full bitcoin.

                Comment


                • But BTC has a finite number of coins, where as DOGE is infinite apparently?

                  I just dont see how something can hold value if its being produced forever.

                  EDIT: If the UK doubled the amount of in circulation surely its value would drop against other currencies?

                  Comment


                  • Doge does have a cap, they ahve said once its reached they may increase that cap. But as it stands the cap is in place. So in theory, more mined, less in circulation increase in difficulty, increase in value.
                    Originally posted by Aaron
                    I want those sweet cherries

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by shawry View Post
                      But BTC has a finite number of coins, where as DOGE is infinite apparently?

                      I just dont see how something can hold value if its being produced forever.

                      EDIT: If the UK doubled the amount of in circulation surely its value would drop against other currencies?
                      But the UK government has regularly 'added' new money into the system. That's called 'Quantitative Easing'. It's all about belief / confidence at the end of the day, like any currency. Perceived value is real value, when it comes to currency.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by andyn View Post
                        But the UK government has regularly 'added' new money into the system. That's called 'Quantitative Easing'. It's all about belief / confidence at the end of the day, like any currency. Perceived value is real value, when it comes to currency.

                        Shawry read this, particularly the virtual swords parts

                        http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-intr...lan-greenspan/
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

                        Comment


                        • Re: Doge Coin Mining Megathread -gate 17 12 13

                          Originally posted by coiler View Post
                          Doge does have a cap, they ahve said once its reached they may increase that cap. But as it stands the cap is in place. So in theory, more mined, less in circulation increase in difficulty, increase in value.
                          Fairly certain it isn't capped any more? Or so I thought.

                          Comment


                          • yeah it's not capped

                            just wiki it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogecoin

                            Approximately 100 billion coins to be mined by end of 2014. Thereafter, 5.2 billion new coins per year.

                            4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

                            Comment


                            • Not going to put this in the deals topic but that 200 290X


                              Anyone actually tried one?

                              I am quite sure Powercolor buy the half broken chips so I would not expect it to be better and a 290

                              Comment


                              • Lol, I think powercolor pcs cards are pretty good and is it not a 280x?

                                Freedom isn't free"



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X