X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network down to 31GH, that correct? ouch

Network Info
    Difficulty 1,002.00329654
    Est Next Difficulty 433.37680873 (Change in 117 Blocks)
    Est. Avg. Time per Block 2 minutes 18 seconds

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• swear filter is having a day off
      Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• well and truly forked aye

Comment

• I've stopped mining along with most others. If we ARE on the wrong fork, all that will have gone to waste.

Plus remember that the network hash is on whatever fork you are on, the other fork could also be at 30GH.

Comment

• such fork!
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• For clarification for those who don't know - a fork is when a network error has basically not caused one out of two simultaneous blocks to become orphaned but instead to be accepted by part of the network.

That half then starts forming its own blocks and the rest of the network is still working away on the main chain.

If any transactions occur on the fork, when the network syncs itself properly again, those transactions will all vanish. Hence why if someone mines on the wrong fork, the coins won't exist when the 'real' fork is adopted again.

Something like that 'can' happen when a pool has a very high hashrate and can almost force itself in, or when an error occurs within the networked nodes.

Comment

• basically it's currently 50/50 if what I mine today is actually going to count...
                though smartcoin and mooncoin seem less reliable to that end anyways..

Comment

• Pool owners and devs agreed on which fork to continue. Fastpool wasn't on the right fork unfortunately so I lost about 10k, no big deal as I switched the workers to idle so I didn't waste power.

Comment

• Do we need to do anything? New wallet?

Comment

• Not sure yet.

Should be on wallet 1.5.1 anyway and may need to resync against the blockchain. Possibly will need wallet to be restored from a backup.

Comment

• well last time it forked 1.4 was mandatory update

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Yeah what happened was the 1.4 wallets stopped accepting the new chain and forked themselves off. That's why it was decided that the 1.5+ was the correct chain to use.

Comment

• Message just seen on one of pools

Feb 17 5:10 PM We are currently redownloading the blockchain on the hot wallet which was just upgraded to 1.5. The profitability reported by DOGE on the site will vary drastically until the blockchain download is complete.

Our mining wallets are all on 1.5+ and therefore we believe that the pools are on the right fork and that it is safe to mine DOGE on multipool. However we are currently upgrading all of the mining wallets to 1.5.1 just to be sure.

Any coins that were sent out under the wrong fork will be resent once the hot wallet has been upgraded.

Comment

• I've been on Multipool today - going to see how things pan out.

Got about 140K doge now - not 100% sure what to do with them right now But do need to start to realise some GBP from this before wifey decides I've been naughty That said I've found that takawayfood.com take BTC and has local places!

Found this on Reditt http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comm..._take_bitcoin/ which is semi useful.

Termite

Comment

• anyone using the dogecoin app ?
                                Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

Working...
                                X