NiceHash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NiceHash

So, I've set up a couple of boxes here doing CPU mining on Nicehash. I'm getting about 1/day - or I would be if they actually ever connected reliably. The majority of the time, they sit there unable to connect to the pool.

I've tried getting the client to connect to different countries - in fact all of the machines are connecting to different locations, but really struggle with connecting reliably. But they do connect, so it's not an internet connection issue at this end. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also, I've just come across a place I can pick up some nVidia Quadro cards for about 20. I could choose between the FX1800 and the NVS440. Are these capable of mining? And if they are, assuming free electricity, does anyone have any idea what sort of performance they would give?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Actually.. Don't worry about the Quadro question. I just found a couple of comparison tables and have answered that question myself.. It's a no.

Comment

Erm could be that cpu's aren't submitting work within 10 minute period an getting disconnected from the pool, does these connection problems occur in 10 minute periods?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

the difficulty should change to allow you to complete a block

if your logs look something like
        Code:
        [2018-01-31 12:10:10] : Connected. Logging in...
        [2018-01-31 12:10:10] : Difficulty changed. Now: 200007.
        [2018-01-31 12:10:10] : New block detected.
        <snip>
        [2018-01-31 12:20:10] : SOCKET ERROR - RECEIVE error: socket closed
        [2018-01-31 12:20:10] : Pool connection lost. Waiting 10 s before retry.
        [2018-01-31 12:20:19] : Connecting to pool cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355 ...
        [2018-01-31 12:20:19] : Connected. Logging in...
        [2018-01-31 12:20:20] : Difficulty changed. Now: 200007.
        [2018-01-31 12:20:20] : New block detected.
        [2018-01-31 12:22:33] : Result accepted by the pool.
        I can run my CPU for a few hours, it makes some, doesn't on others and there seems to be a threshold where you get blocked out as you failed too many units.
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

It'll run for an hour or two submitting things fine, and then it'll randomly not connect. I left it running overnight, and it submitted a few overnight but then wasn't connecting again this morning.

Can't work out exactly why it's doing it!

Comment

So this is it working normally:

But this is it's normal status with it not being able to connect - ignore the 'Memory Alloc Failed' message - that's always happened even when it works properly. It's the connecting/socket closed errors that I can't work out:

Comment

Memory alloc failed can be fixed by registry tweak, improves hash rate when you fix it. You behind school firewall? or corporation firewall?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Yeah DT has shown me how to fix the memory alloc error.

And yes, behind a firewall but I administer it, and everything is whitelisted. Clients rubbing nicehash and all the addresses associated with the pools. If they weren't, it would never work, whereas this works sometimes.

Comment

Strange one then, same when you try usa server too?

Comment

Yep. 3 clients all trying different server locations! It is an odd one!

Comment

nicehash seems to time out units really strictly - if you were to setup a monero wallet and use xmr-stak against a pool, the CPU mining seems to give you 30 minutes to return a result instead of nicehash giving 10. You then take your chances that someone else hasn't completed that work and you return stale or expired results, but for the OCD people - no errors in the miner terminal

https://mymonero.com/#/
                      http://minexmr.com/#getting_started
                      https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

And this morning it all seems to be working flawlessly.

Could it be anything to do with them paying out to eligible accounts which clogged up their network? And now that has all been processed, it's cleared again? I'm just guessing really.

Comment

doubt it Aaron, I've had nicehash doing that to me for weeks - hence why I went direct now
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Hm. odd. Seems to be fine this morning now!

Comment

This cannot be right, surely.

Comment

Working...
                              X