Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total N00b - can anyone advise on the best things to do buying crypto currency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total N00b - can anyone advise on the best things to do buying crypto currency?

Hey people!

I want to squirrel away some crypto currency that I can forget for a few years and then be a bazillionaire. (lol fat chance)

Well I do want to buy some...

What am I looking for and what exchanges are OK etc? are there any decent guides out there that people would recommend?

Thanks in advance

( I wont be buying right now - want to watch what is happening)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellyferret

Buy from reputable exchange places like Kraken/Coinbase. Then store coins in an offline cold storage wallet for rainy day. Really is as simple as that, just don't forget password or lose private key for this wallet.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

I buy from LocalBitcoin.com, the rates will be better on their website, but you do have to build up a positive reputation to trade at the best rates. Some sellers require ID checks and a fair bit of personal info, so it can be a bit tedious.

Comment

Thanks both

Comment

So I ended up 'playing' a bit on etoro.. and I think I have the bug lol!
          As such I'm now spreading out wider and starting on coinbase..

What do you peoples recommend for reading up about the plethora of currencies out there? I'm currently finding it slow going processing all the fake/rubbish news to find decent info..

Comment

I don't read into any of the news, fake or otherwise. I look at graphs and stats on https://coinmarketcap.com/ and make my own decisions based on how currencies have been over the last 24 hours.

I've turned 7 into 83 over the course of 2 weeks. Nothing major but seeing as I haven't spent a single penny of my own money on it and have merely mined and easy/low cost coin and then traded around, its not bad going.
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Either mine something very early, and flip it before it tanks, or buy into something steady with a future, like Ether.

Still not sure when zcash is going to really take off; it's still the coin with the most anonymity potential, (i.e. it can be entirely anonymous if you want) so I can see that being a big boon this year.
              Originally posted by coiler
              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
              Originally posted by BigIan88
              turn off that sexy nonsense
              Originally posted by Salad Soup
              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

If you have eth you should be quite happy now with price peaking at $1300 overnight.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

eth is dropping back down now, haven't looked at why the peak - but it does tally with the payout times for the Ethermine.org pools and has happened on previous payout rounds as well.

Miners in the pool are paid every seven days for values of eth greater than 0.01 - all those who haven't altered when the 7day would be would get a payout today, and market goes wibbly wobbly
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

It's staying above $1000, checked for the past couple of days and it's been bouncing around $1100-1200.

Quite happy with my little holding now
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                    Originally posted by BigIan88
                    turn off that sexy nonsense
                    Originally posted by Salad Soup
                    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
                    X