Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash diet

Gone extreme.

Was getting a bit podgy, have been really for a year so now, hit 15 stone, which is too much for me, but main reason for doing it is I wanted a new motorbike jacket I was looking online and found a nice retro (ish) looking dark brown leather jacket, and I showed the misses and she made this noise (like where you breath in through your teeth) and said something along the line of how that wont fit me becuase of my belly. Charming.... you can only imagine the fallout if I had made some similar comment about her!

Honestly though, I am not too self concious but I did need to lose weight.

So I figures I would just crash diet to see how long I could last, started Wednesday last week.

During work days mon-fri I have been having a small pot of soup at the work canteen. I am guess this is about 200-300 calories max, yesterday it was celery soup so I doubt there was many calories in that. I am also taking vitamans. On the weekend I had a bit more, small bowl of cerial, some tinned pinneapple for lunch, and some bbq food saturday night, although much less than I would normally eat, Sunday I had a bacon sarnie for breakfast but that was it. Also other than saturday night no alchohol - which is an achievment in itself for me!

Anyway weighed myself just now, weigh 13 stone 13 pounds. So thats just over a stone in 9 days.

and I actually dont feel too bad, the hunger is there, but bareable, and physically I feel ok. The hardest part is more the feeling of self denail, seeing all these great foods and not being able to have them, more the stuff that is in my fridge more than anything else as Ihahte wasting food.

Im gonna keep going for a bit longer but ill eat a bit more than jsut soup this weekend, see if I can stick to that soup next week again, then slowly build the food intake back up, gradually, and hopefully end up eating sensibly from then on. If I can stick around 13 stone ill be happy and is about right for my size.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Losing a lot of weight quickly is not generally considered to be a good idea in the longer term. Make sure you don't starve then binge.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweigh...w-to-diet.aspx

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

I think a lot that goes in a crash diet is water / poop and it will be the next few weeks that see the real weight loss (exercise needed to burn that fat too)

You are not the only person that needs to do this though, keep it up!
      http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellyferret

Comment

Yeah crash diets are not a good idea for many reasons. You are better off eating sensibly and healthily.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Smellyferret View Post
          I think a lot that goes in a crash diet is water / poop
          I am drinking plenty of water also. I've only taken a **** once since wednesday last week lol.
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
            I've only taken a **** once since wednesday last week lol.
            So you're full of **** then?

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Originally posted by RandomPC View Post
              So you're full of **** then?
              Always have been.
              GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

How about the exercise regime?

Eat less and exercise more is said to be the only way to really shed the pounds.

I'm off for a long ramble later today. Er, after a pub lunch.
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Been in a similar situation, felt podgy for too long

Bought a mountain bike for 200 a few months ago, now doing 10-15 mile cycle rides 2 or 3 times a week and switching my diet so I'm eating more protein and less carbs.

I'm probably not eating many less calories, but over the past few weeks I've started noticing I'm trimming down, although almost certainly not losing weight
                  --
                  Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I've been doing a lot more exercise recently to lose a bit of weight.
                    I've taken to leaving the remote control the other side of the room so I have to get up to change channels on TV

I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                    Dave Burnett

Comment

I started trying to lose weight in January am down from 16st 12 to 12st 12. My job is pretty physical and I cycle I found the the first three stone came off quickly and the last stone has been much slower going. But am the lightest ive been in 12 years
                      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                        I started trying to lose weight in January am down from 16st 12 to 12st 12. My job is pretty physical and I cycle I found the the first three stone came off quickly and the last stone has been much slower going. But am the lightest ive been in 12 years
                        What did you do other than to cycle?

Originally posted by coiler
                        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                          What did you do other than to cycle?
                          I walk a lot try and do 10000 steps a day as a minimum cycle to work and back so about 30 miles a week. I cut out sugar in my drinks if I drink coke or whatever go with zero sugar options. And I try and make smaller portions of food just a touch smaller and that combined with the exercise put me on slight calorie deficit so I could lose a couple of pounds a week maximum. To start with i got my deficit wrong and lost about 5 lb in a week and it made me feel pretty ill so I tinkered around until I got it right.

I try to eat less bread and potatoes too.

I do still ill eat unhealthy food from time to time (I'm a chef so sometimes I don't get time to eat properly). But I balance it out on my days off with more healthy stuff

i weigh myself 3-4 times a week so I can keep an eye on it. My aim was to get to 13 st 3 which puts me in the green on for my height, now I'm in the zone I wanna be in my aim is low to mid 12st by year end so I'm upping my intake slowly to curb anymore losses
                          Last edited by danroyle; 15-07-17, 17:28.
                          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

So essentially smaller portions and cut out the carbs and sugars? Alongside being a bit more active..

Originally posted by coiler
                            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                              So essentially smaller portions and cut out the carbs and sugars? Alongside being a bit more active..
                              yeah basically mate. I looked at cutting out everything unhealthy but it makes it such a hard task to stick to, So went the easier route and just cut out little bits here and there.

i definitely wouldnt reccomend any kind of crash diet though they can be seriously bad for your long term and short term health,

Comment

Working...
                              X