See less

~The Crypto-Mining Thread~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's also why banks aren't concerned with cryptos, $1.8 billion, or $35 billion, is pocket change.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
      That's also why banks aren't concerned with cryptos, $1.8 billion, or $35 billion, is pocket change.
      Well put things into perspective it's chump change to interest rate the USA has to pay back on it's national debt. Apparently it's going to hit half trillion dollars a year interest payments sometime this year .

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
        That's also why banks aren't concerned with cryptos, $1.8 billion, or $35 billion, is pocket change.
        The banks are afraid, what happens next will shock you!

Just sounded like a clickbait advert title
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• All bouncing back nicely after ICO gate

https://coinmarketcap.com/
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• what do you guys think will crash first, current "real" money markets or the crypto stuff?

both are only as real as the people that use them believe they are.

but i was debating this with a mate a couple of nights ago and he thinks real money will crash 1st but i think crypto will and then cash will follow it before we move onto a new system.

#dreamingofutopia
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

• Focusing on BCH a lot at the moment, selling high ($575+) and buying low (<$500). I have some RISE, NAV, MUSIC, ETC and OMG put aside for whenever they increase in value and back to mining ETC as I have about 700 MUSICOIN banked at the moment.
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                what do you guys think will crash first, current "real" money markets or the crypto stuff?

both are only as real as the people that use them believe they are.

but i was debating this with a mate a couple of nights ago and he thinks real money will crash 1st but i think crypto will and then cash will follow it before we move onto a new system.

#dreamingofutopia
                Cash (fiat) its inherently flawed, you can print as much of it you like, just have watch out for inflation. It's not backed by any gold/silver and banks don't have hold much of it. 90% of what banks say they own, is just made up numbers. When you take out massive loan/mortgage to pay for car/house/holiday, they just move numbers about on the screen from account to account. It's a system built on trust, you trust banks are responsible, you trust cash has value, you trust banks won't run off with your money. Guess what happens when the trust goes?

Crypto is new system designed to be more trust able than cash (fiat)

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post

Cash (fiat) its inherently flawed, you can print as much of it you like, just have watch out for inflation. It's not backed by any gold/silver and banks don't have hold much of it. 90% of what banks say they own, is just made up numbers. When you take out massive loan/mortgage to pay for car/house/holiday, they just move numbers about on the screen from account to account. It's a system built on trust, you trust banks are responsible, you trust cash has value, you trust banks won't run off with your money. Guess what happens when the trust goes?

Cash isn't really flawed. Credit is flawed. Cash is fine, and significantly more secure and anonymous than Bitcoin etc, but it's the Credit system, and the way banks deal with imaginary numbers, which is the problem.
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                  Originally posted by BigIan88
                  turn off that sexy nonsense
                  Originally posted by Salad Soup
                  turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post

The problem with cryptos is there is far too much pump and dump. If you said to a normal saver you could invest your money and make 25% extra in a week. They would bite your hand off but then if they lost 25% in the next week people run. If cash lost that much it would be a catastrophe.
                    In my pub we have 60 members of staff aged from 16-50 one guy has sort of heard of bitcoin and that's it. And the only thing he knew was about the trading company that ran off with everyone's coins a few years ago.

I love crypto but it's still very much in its infancy. Things like bitcoin pay (like Apple/google pay) would make it more mainstream and accessible. And eventually tighter regulations on coins. In its current format it's too inconsistent.
                    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post

The problem with cryptos is there is far too much pump and dump. If you said to a normal saver you could invest your money and make 25% extra in a week. They would bite your hand off but then if they lost 25% in the next week people run. If cash lost that much it would be a catastrophe.
                      In my pub we have 60 members of staff aged from 16-50 one guy has sort of heard of bitcoin and that's it. And the only thing he knew was about the trading company that ran off with everyone's coins a few years ago.

I love crypto but it's still very much in its infancy. Things like bitcoin pay (like Apple/google pay) would make it more mainstream and accessible. And eventually tighter regulations on coins. In its current format it's too inconsistent.
                      It will stabilise eventually crypto, much like fiat is now, little movements only in value.

Comment

• Heavy losses across the board at the moment thanks to JP Morgan, it's a good time to buy though.

Comment

• Yeah, the market definitely crashed thanks to him... I was waiting for the next high in order to sell, and woke to this.
                          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• Its good if the market recovers. Buy whilst its low and then cash out again when BTC reaches around 5K again

Comment

• that is a truly massive crash on the markets.
                              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Fuelled by speculation that China is going shut local Chinese bitcoin exchanges.

Comment

Working...
                                X