~The Crypto-Mining Thread~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    It makes you wonder how many millions of pounds have been deleted over the course of the years....
    Estimates put it at 25% of all mined bitcoin have been lost/stolen/deleted/forgot about.

Got my sell order set at $780, BCH trading around $550 not far to go
    Last edited by k3vst3r; 18-08-17, 14:42.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• I've got 0.25 BCH at the moment and thinking about selling the spare 0.35ETH I have to pump it into BCH to see if I can spin it
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
        I've got 0.25 BCH at the moment and thinking about selling the spare 0.35ETH I have to pump it into BCH to see if I can spin it
        My plan is to sell at $780, then wait for panic sellers to drive it to new low then rebuy.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

I've got 0.25 BCH at the moment and thinking about selling the spare 0.35ETH I have to pump it into BCH to see if I can spin it
          Yup I'm doing the same, flipping Z & ETC to BCH. I imagine $750 isn't out of the question.
          Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Keep getting this message when trying to transfer ETH to Poloniex

Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Out of gas]

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xa269f9ae16...2c864155074a79
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• You need raise gas limit ian.

With trading you can make lot of money quick, way faster than mining it.

Example have 1 BCH sell at $700, so you have $700 then wait for price to plummet say hit's $350 for 1 BCH rebuy 2 BCH.

Hold 2 BCH until price is $700 again sell for $1400 doubling your original investment. If you can predict high and lows you can double your investment each time very quickly depending on market forces of course.
              Last edited by k3vst3r; 18-08-17, 15:02.

Comment

• It changes automatically doesnt it? I've not had to change it before

Comment

• Which wallet are you sending from?
                  Also living dangerously using Poloniex still aren't you?
                  turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Trading on there but changing to Fiat on Kraken

Comment

• Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                      You need raise gas limit ian.

With trading you can make lot of money quick, way faster than mining it.

Example have 1 BCH sell at $700, so you have $700 then wait for price to plummet say hit's $350 for 1 BCH rebuy 2 BCH.

Hold 2 BCH until price is $700 again sell for $1400 doubling your original investment. If you can predict high and lows you can double your investment each time very quickly depending on market forces of course.
                      We'd all be very rich if we could predict that but that's a massive IF you can predict high and lows.

​​​​​​I find short trading far too stressful so am holding some alt coins in the hope some do very well. The rest I hold in BTC

I feel like we are in the minority now so if blockchain goes public if you like almost anything you hold should see a decent jump
                      i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

• BTC vs BCH explanation.

http://bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogs...mantle-to.html

Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Will Regain The Mantle To Be Bitcoin

Here Is Why

BTC BCH TOT BTC BCH BTC BCH BTC
                        ( Hash Power ) ( Difficulty) ( Block Time ) (mempool)

11 August 6600 338 6938 923 115 10.00 21 55
                        12 August 6199 416 6615 923 115 10.66 20 15
                        13 August 6808 440 7248 923 115 9.73 18.46 27
                        14 August 5951 522 6473 923 115 11.07 15.82 47
                        15 August 6966 647 7591 923 115 9.47 12.85 53
                        16 August 5984 484 6468 923 115 11.07 17.14 50
                        • Since 11 August Hash Power on the BCH chain has increased daily.
                        • Hash power on BTC chain on the other hand fluctuates from day to day, by up to 1000 PH and the mempool continues to grow.

The table above are snapshots taken at a point in time each day. Their individual states can be monitored in real time here*. Scroll down to the hash rate. BTC hash rate is down to 4853 PH. This is more than 2000 PH below the table above and the mempool has now exceeded 65MB. I truly believe that the dreaded Chain Death Spiral has set in but is being "managed".

This large fluctuation of BTC hash rate could be the miners preventing difficulty from adjusting downwards, and at the same time growing the mempool. It is also possible that with over 1000 blocks to the next difficulty recalculation, we may not see another difficulty adjustment on BTC anytime soon.

It is uncanny that we see very little discussion and debate at the very top. It is as though the NYA agreement have settled everything. However make no mistake. What seem calm belies what is happening in the background. Like a duck on the water paddling furiously underneath.

Over at r/bitcoin talk seems to center around price and technology. Nothing about any negativity, usability or the growing mempool. Censorship of robust discussions is just downright deceitful. Especially if it is the de facto forum. It must quit being a propaganda organ. There will be consequences.

Undoubtedly the people around Segwit must be frantically on the phone, fax and email arguing and pleading with the miners. They can see the writing on the wall. Only 124 blocks were found in the last 24 hours. Block time have increased to 11 minutes and the mempool is in excess of 70MB. It is "too little too late". For many of the miners "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold".

Here is why Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Is The Real Bitcoin

It is the original bitcoin
                        It was hijacked from Gavin Andresen very surreptitiously by Adam Back with his Sidechain proposal. It was a "Trojan Horse" and together with the help of Blockstream, Theymos and the Core developers the process was completed. We the original community have finally regained control of the Bitcoin project, except that we have lost control of the name. This position is about to be redressed.

It does not have Segwit.
                        If you look at a Bitcoin file as AD. A being the address and D being the data, Segwit removes the address portion A, It is reduced to a hash and the original signature is discarded after it is verified. So if your "fingerprint" is the hash of all your signatures, the signatures are discarded after being checked, and only the "fingerprint" is kept. This is in effect what Segwit does.

The signatures are stored on another chain, but not the main chain. Some nodes will keep signatures, some only keep partial records, some will discard them entirely. If you ever need to refer back to the transaction to check on the signatures all you have is the hash. "The fingerprint". Satoshi's original design of bitcoin being an unbroken record of signatures is violated.

It allows for unlimited on-chain scaling.
                        A clear example of the disastrous effect of limiting the blocksize is the state of BTC now. The mempool is huge and getting bigger, fees are "over the top". Their intention is to push low fee transactions to side chains and the lightning network. These solutions don't exist yet.

The Core developers bought themselves over 2 years delaying and obfuscating on chain scaling, and yet have no working solutions. Meanwhile the user experience gets so bad that many users have sought other alternatives to transact. BCH in the meantime have mined an 8MB block.

It has more client implementations
                        BCH will have Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin ABC and more. Each with their own development team but all operating on the same chain. This diversity increases security, innovation and development of the whole ecosystem.

The part played by nChain in this saga should not be discounted. Without a doubt the most interesting improvements in Bitcoin is coming from nChain. Split Keys, Turing completeness are major developments. Whether you believe Craig Wright is Satoshi or not, there is no doubt he is the brightest and most fertile mind in the Bitcoin space, and he does not support Core and Segwit.

Comment

• Well I sent some BTC to my Kraken account about 4 hours ago, and it's still showing as "unverified" so it's not close to going anywhere.

BTC can't be that clogged up, I've sent some recently that was fully confirmed within half an hour.

Comment

• Miner fee omega? you understand how mempool works for btc?

Comment

• How long are BCH transactions taking in comparison to BTC?

Comment

How long are BCH transactions taking in comparison to BTC?
                                Lot quicker, hence why reddit cash tip bot works (demonstration of low fee's and speed)

Mempool is pending transactions this grows in size to many MB if lot of transactions are pending. Fee you pay depends where you are on the queue, bigger fee front of queue you go, lower fee bottom of queue you go. If mempool is 50MB in size it basically means BTC has to find 50 blocks at 1MB a block to clear it without anymore transactions joining. Blocks are been found 10 to 30 minutes at moment for BTC, hence why Omega transaction hasn't gone yet even 4 hours later, because theirs still transactions ahead of his probably and backlog is there to clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X