~The Crypto-Mining Thread~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~The Crypto-Mining Thread~

Noticed the Mining sub-forum has disappeared, but thought it was interesting to see how the value of BTC has rocketed in the past few weeks, and it's effect on other coins.

It appears that Doge has held it's value against BTC somehow, so exchanges are valuing 1MegaDoge (1,000,000 dogecoin) at around 1.40 BTC, which could be anywhere between 1,000 and 2,000. Which might be good news for some of you part time miners who kept hold of some a couple of years ago.

Just a heads up. Dig out your wallets.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Mining has exploded again, 580s, 570s, 480s, 470s, boards which have x6-x7 pci slots, wondered what had suddenly sparked it all off again. Thought gfx mining was dead due to dedicated mining systems which get uber hash.

Although heard there's still some GFX card only coins which haven't been haxored yet?
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Think I have about 1.5 mil doge in a wallet.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

I think I have 3-400K coins in my wallet
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Bitcoin is apparently gaining confidence in Japan and Russia, or so I've read. Basically it seems like it might become legitimate 'currency', so naturally people are interested again.

Not sure if it's just a spike in interest, or a genuine surge in it's value, but thought it was crazy that I've still got 1mil Doge in a wallet, and it might actually be worth something. Like a holiday, or a bike
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Not that different to years ago when people sold off all their bitcoins for pennies and thought that was good value for something that didn't really exist or have any tangible value, then was worth A LOT more later on.

History repeating itself somewhat
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I've just had a horrible thought I'll need to dig out the password to this wallet

Comment

You and I both!

I don't even recall any details for it but I have the wallet file in my drop box or google drive somewhere... I think?

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                  I've just had a horrible thought I'll need to dig out the password to this wallet
                  Yeah, think in some boat recall making it very long.

3 years 23 weeks behind on block chain

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Hold on 1 million Doge = 2671 USB? 1.27 Btc???

That can't be right surely lol

Comment

Also tons of people paying with BTC at mo, so everyone happy with value.

I recall when Doge first launched and forum went crazy for it, that 1 mill, was super easy to mine

Comment

http://dogecoin.price.exchange/#

1 million Doge = 2063! Holy Sheeb!

Comment

Not too shabby.

Comment

To the moon, they said.

Comment

I just hope to god I can find my wallet file!

Comment

Working...
                              X