BBC News Story Title of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FunkY View Post
    Which bit? Protecting small children from possible choking hazards, or licking game cartridges?

If you chose the latter... Well, there's a nasty chemical to show you the error of your ways on nintendo cartridges...
    The cartridges are only about 3 centimetres big - easily small enough to cause a baby harm. If you have a younger family then it's quite possible for the older kid (say 5 to 8) to be old enough to play with the console independently but not responsible enough to put those cartridges out of reach. Since it's really common for babies to pick stuff up and put it in their mouth, I'd argue that Nintendo have taken action to help mitigate a real potential hazard for younger families. So I'm impressed with this decision (though not surprised as I've read about the lengths Nintendo go to for the health and safety of their customers).
    Last edited by cold fusion; 06-03-17, 15:34.

Comment

• Small drone 'shot with Patriot missile'

A Patriot missile - usually priced at about $3m (2.5m) - was used to shoot down a small quadcopter drone, according to a US general.

"That quadcopter that cost 200 bucks from Amazon.com did not stand a chance against a Patriot," he said.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
        The cartridges are only about 3 centimetres big - easily small enough to cause a baby harm. If you have a younger family then it's quite possible for the older kid (say 5 to 8) to be old enough to play with the console independently but not responsible enough to put those cartridges out of reach. Since it's really common for babies to pick stuff up and put it in their mouth, I'd argue that Nintendo have taken action to help mitigate a real potential hazard for younger families. So I'm impressed with this decision (though not surprised as I've read about the lengths Nintendo go to for the health and safety of their customers).
        It's also really common for manufacturers to use denatonium benzoate to make things taste horrible for safety purposes, but it's usually liquids that might be ingested (i.e looks tasty I'll have a drink of that...) and not normally used to coat solid objects.
        Originally posted by coiler
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
          It's also really common for manufacturers to use denatonium benzoate to make things taste horrible for safety purposes, but it's usually liquids that might be ingested (i.e looks tasty I'll have a drink of that...) and not normally used to coat solid objects.
          it is becoming more common for things of this size which pose a choke risk hazard
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

• New pyramid which was built 3,700 years ago

Comment

• Nearly new? Slightly used, a little dusty?
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

• "Classic" design??
                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                Dave Burnett

Comment

• Sex toy with in-built camera can be 'easily hacked'.

Comment

• There's been a few court cases surrounding sex toys of late. Another one which was designed to be controlled via smart phone was secretly sending usage data to the manufacturers.

Comment

• Scanning for nearby wifi devices...

Please wait...

...Discovered: your next door neighbours' phalluscam, would you like to connect?

Comment

• Could it be that the award went to his head?

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz named PRWeek U.S. Communicator of the Year

Comment

• Original Bananarama line-up reunite for first ever tour

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I'm tempted.
                            GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• Six years on people are still celebrating Ed Balls Day

Comment

• Ed Balls.
                                Originally posted by coiler
                                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                                Originally posted by BigIan88
                                turn off that sexy nonsense
                                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X