No announcement yet.

Talk to me about wood burning stoves...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about wood burning stoves...

Not many things can beat the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, and a wood burning stove, with the melodic crackling of the fire, on an ice cold winters day @catrain

Wood burning, or multi fuel? The woodburners seem to have the cleaning mechanism for clear glass flame visual goodness. I'm guessing coal dirtier but easier to obtain and get going quickly?

Cost to run?

Anyone got one? pics?

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

LOL , i was just thinking the same.....

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
      Not many things can beat the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, and a wood burning stove, with the melodic crackling of the fire, on an ice cold winters day @catrain

Wood burning, or multi fuel? The woodburners seem to have the cleaning mechanism for clear glass flame visual goodness. I'm guessing coal dirtier but easier to obtain and get going quickly?

Cost to run?

Anyone got one? pics?

You have the same urges as a 72 year old Canadian man living in the woods!
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Good clean ratrace free living bigian

Comment

just had a quote to get our chimney lined for a stove .....

I'll get some air fresheners instead ....
          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

ORYL do elaborate

Comment

Good clean ratrace free living bigian

Worth while if you have a mortgage. Not so much if you rent privately like me
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

ORYL do elaborate
                would be better off using the money to buy two of these https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gamin...roductId=58579 to warm the room
                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                  Worth while if you have a mortgage. Not so much if you rent privately like me

Yeah mortgage.

Will be great, hit the early morning frosty winter trails, bit of a snow flurry starting, get back and light the stove up, brew some coffee, get some croissants in the oven, doesn't get much better than that

Possibly followed by a FO3 winter chaser.

Comment

Need to make sure you have a good supply of wood and somewhere to store a big stack of it though.

Comment

Ah, this topic brings back memories of my mum's stories of an event which I can't remember, possibly because I was too young or not even born.

Coal fire at my parents' first (or second...?) house. Coal produces soot, inside of chimney is coated with soot. Dad, being dad, decides wood is just as good. "It still burns. What's the difference?" The difference is, with wood, you get splinters coming off, and soot is flammable.

So the chimney caught fire. Fortunately, I don't remember it ever happening.

And dad still has that attitude today. "It does the same job. What's the difference?" Yesterday he brought home the ingredients for chilli con carne. Mince, kidney beans, jacket potatoes, chilli sauce.

Sweet chilli table sauce.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

Or....just get a roku and install the Fireplace screen saver ..... its ace lol... looks the part ....sounds the part....and you get a wierd warmer feeling from it lol....and no mess

posted by scrivz69
                        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Couple of LED infrared panels either side of it and you're sorted, you even get the warm glow on your skin then.

Comment

Yeah mortgage.

Will be great, hit the early morning frosty winter trails, bit of a snow flurry starting, get back and light the stove up, brew some coffee, get some croissants in the oven, doesn't get much better than that

Possibly followed by a FO3 winter chaser.
                            This just sounds impossibly like you're trying to set yourself up as living Skyrim-esque for real
                            GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

its psychological...its does feel warmer when its on in a dark room lol..

Added after 2 minutes:

Trying to talk the wife into getting me one of these for my man shed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/gas-bottle...item3cebb31d63
                              Last edited by joker3327; 06-11-14, 13:20.
                              posted by scrivz69
                              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                              X