No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely need steed coiler, reckon 650b is gonna be 16:9 all over again after years of denial
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Lovely need steed coiler, reckon 650b is gonna be 16:9 all over again after years of denial
      matron:woot:
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
        Lovely need steed coiler, reckon 650b is gonna be 16:9 all over again after years of denial

Thanks Chaz Dropper = converted. 650b = 4k/gtx 1080ti

Forekaster upgrade to nobby nic + going tubeless, was a faff to get seated, so put tube back in, then popped one side off, one side being seated and was inflated in 30 seconds then

Saved 206g per inner (freeride ones too super heavy)
        33g going from FK to NN
        added 60g of sealant
        = 358 grams off rotational = 0.8 lbs pretty much, huge saving! Offsets my 100g heavier handlebars

Also got a power meter on the way from California, more than half price

Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Superstar are doing some decent reductions again.
          (20% on UK made products)

The question is.......
          Chainring. Anyone tried oval?

It would work out at 24 quid for a new 32t to replace my 30t.
          32t oval or round?

From reading around there is some confusion as to whether a 32t actually performs like a 30t because of the shape. So I would be gaining absolutely nothing.
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Originally posted by coiler
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Interesting thought Cru, more teeth, but on the ovals shorter portion extra teeth lost? Would you not be better with a 34t? You know how much I love my stomping and climbing gear range, and the 34 is working out wonderful for stomp. 32 wouldnt be enough.

Crankset: Shimano XTR FC-M9020-B2 / Hollowtech 2 700 Series: 36x26 T / 900 Series: 34x24 T

Comment

• #TubelessTester & Long XC expedition

Dustiest conditions i've ever rode in, deep blue skies, and 28*c, with statuelegs from Thursday, made for a challenging ride...

All the cables and handlebar adornment #CruciateGoals101 (need to order some of those cable tidy connector clips)

I've been using the twinlock a lot, much more than i'd lean down and flick the rear shock from trail > descend on blur. Both shocks controller with one click, descent[maxplush]/trail/climb. The climb, full lockoout, is perfect for roads, with less of the seat bounce i'd get off VPP.

Bananas out of stock, so only fuel of the day was a CLIF bar

Overlooking the water buffalos

The Lakes, could've done with a full fat coke at this point, Cliff bar really wasn't enough for the ride, cash notes need adding to backpack

1foot extra required! Shes an absolute ripper, feels weightless on the climbs, and just constantly wants to go, some of the hills I decided to go up last minute, which I knew were torturous, felt very quick. Geometry is fantastic on the descents and along with the dropper super slack, smooth and controlled, new bars have made a massive difference to the stock. Plush wise, considering only 120mm front/back, feels just as good as the Blur 140/150mm, trunnion mounted more modern Fox on the back, and a Fox34 Factory, VS an older Pike?

Single pivot feels much more advanced than the Heckler, the rear stays themselves have a pivot link in them, zero braking jack, and hugs the ground like VPP, as opposed to Hecklers fly over the bumpy ground style.

Bag is very impressive, phone and snack bars all on the chest pockets, so no more removal of rucksack for phots, which is a faff, its definitely more of a squeeze getting all the tools in, but so lightweight hard to notice i'm wearing.

Comment

• Thu night ride, Friday morn ride, Saturday morn ride, Sunday double walk. #STATUELEGS101

Comment

• Mine are recovered enough now after Manc to Blackpool ride on Sunday.
                  Manged to to shave an hour off my time from last year, happy with that.

Hopefully get to do some normal rides after my jollys coiler just don't be trying to kill me straight away
                  2007 - Thanks for many years of banter. Temporarily back for now..

Comment

• NOT SURE IF QUANNYS OR SAHARAN TUNDRA?

Very nice ride explored new bits thanks to fresh car legs not a mega one, but 100ft per mile for 10 miles isnt bad
                    Originally posted by jointhedotz
                    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Got mojo back again now Chaz?

Comment

Working...
                      X