No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub 25lbs XC whippet, factory 34s, XTR all round, Fox Evol Nude Trunnion, rips up hills! (oh and double with a large 11-40 cassette giving pretty close range to the triple, glad its not an eagle!)

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• Well blow me.
        That's just gorgeous.
        Originally posted by coiler
        the trails is where life flows best
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Very nice sir
          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Stunning, now go get it dirty!
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Ooft that is a thing of beauty, should get the cassette gold anodised to complete the gold detailing front to back!
              Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Thanks all

First test ride out to set up the suspension.

Thoughts...

Seat like a 2 by 4. Handlebars too low, even though I've flipped the 6* stem from negative to positive rise, . Forekaster tyres like glue.Gears need proper index in stand Air pressure too high in front forks. Even though 20 psi below recommended. May drop another 10 psi.

Going to persevere with the seat, on my old Swchinn had one of similar svelte-ness and got used to, Blur seat is like a couch in comparison! Have two nobbynics to fit front and back once i've give the forekaster a few more rides (some say its Maxxis nobbynic).

Blaming JTD the Guapo Anchos have give me a love for wide decent rise bars, so switching out the stock flat Syncros 740mm bars for either, with 25mm rise...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/n.../rp-prod158773

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/n.../rp-prod158768

The Renthal Fatbar Lite look decent too but not keen on colour or huge logos.

Bar those niggles, the XTR full drivechain, having never been of fan of industrial heavy XT mechs in the past, is beautiful, much stronger clutch than the Sram, UD carbon layering on the triggers themselves looks stunning, and much lighter than I remember the XTs in changing gear.

XTR brakes after loving Hope for years due to modulation, so far, although not bedded in, they feel amazing, bags of stopping power and not the on/off you read about so much.

Dropper, i'm a convert after one ride.

Twinloc, used all three modes throughout the ride, fully open/trail/climb, does front and back forks together, great on the climbs particularly.

Finally ordered a Syncros mudguard which fits the Fox 34s and some wrapping for the downtube and seat stays, any gravel/offroad, with sticky new tyres, had every stone available catapulting into the downtube which much force, only protected by some masking tape, the guard should stop most of these.

Where I got chance to put the power down she went super quick, feels a tad odd on the legs as different seat angle, overall geo and position, so like doing a variation of a squat will take several rides for legs to adapt, but felt weightless on many of the climbs.

Comment

• Nice little write-up there, the air charts for the forks/shocks do seem to be a bit hit and miss in my experience. My Lyrik RCT3s say around 65-70psi for my weight, but I'm running more like 50-55psi even though I have my suspension setup for a downhill riding position. However I'm running the shock at above the recommended pressure otherwise it bottoms on big jumps.

That Twinloc thing sounds super handy, being able to quickly switch the damping front and rear at the same time actually makes those features usable. My shock doesn't even have lockout and reaching down to turn the damping control on the fork crown often results in much wobbling until I flick it to the correct position so I generally never bother.
                  Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• I think i'll ignore the sag and go off ride feel, which is a little hard on the front at mo. I could probably do with a shockwiz to really dial it in, open adjust compression, rebound, air pressure, so many variables, need a small rock garden in back yard to do testing runs! I'm going to leave the rear shock as is though seems great at manual recommendations. Never used to lock out forks on front of blur, with dial as too faffy leaning down like you say, but on standing climbs they did bob about, and i've started doing a lot more standing climbs.

The Blur went out in style on her retirement ride last Thursday, heard a pop noise, then whistling/burring sound, smelt burning, and thought a brake hose had popped into a stanchion, rubbing through, pulled over, still smelt burning, couldnt find anything wrong. Found the rear triangle loose over the weekend, lower pivot axle has huge amount of play. Think axle/bearings either snapped or exploded! Will get chance to take her apart one night, hoping the thread is ok, reports online of VPP axles taking out frame threads, meaning it just happens over and over again as axle no longer supported properly in frame 2 days after I get new bike!

Comment

• Bluronce in a proper diva-huff!

​​​​​​
                      the trails is where life flows best
                      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Very nice Mr Coiler woot:
                        i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

• boo with Bluronce
                          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Looks like a yard bar going off box!

New 780mm, 25mm rise, Nukeproof Horizons, lovely black with sheen imprinted logo to match the Spark...

Comment

• Sweet
                              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Oh around 285-290 too, super super lightweight!

Comment

Working...
                                X