The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post

Pretty sure our 810's aren't compatible. I went looking last week.
    Like you say, the 520 is, and the 820 and 1020.
    810's considered EOL therefore not supported.
    So I looked into the trail forks, and apart from trail centres, there was literally 1 route in my local area, (And that was Farmer Johns MTB park lol) looks like userbase is quite small.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Well good news, although I can't remember what my bike looks like I finally passed driving test last week so once funds allow getting a car on the road quantocks exploration will occur and hopefully I'll find the bug again
      Ooooh, congrats (and apologies for the delay lol)

Originally posted by coiler View Post

So I looked into the trail forks, and apart from trail centres, there was literally 1 route in my local area, (And that was Farmer Johns MTB park lol) looks like userbase is quite small.
      I think it's bigger in the US tbh
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• ***Out For Delivery***

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post

The bike parks are as you said very well covered as most of the routes are created by trimming and uploading Strava data so there's a higher chance of people having contributed something.

Where I live (20 minutes outside Oxford) I'm surrounded by trails all over the place, but I'm in prime road/xc cycling country here though.
          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

***Out For Delivery***
            Dammit I cannot deal with the suspense, I don't understand if we're even waiting for a road bike frameset, new pedals or a whole new MTB!
            Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• New pedals and rucksack content incoming..................................

Comment

New pedals and rucksack content incoming..................................
                Interested to see what bag you've gone for. I feel like I made an error when I purchased my Evoc Stage 3L, which is essentially just a bladder with straps.

It's great for bike park riding so I don't have to go back to the car between uplifts, but I just can't carry enough stuff to feel confident going out on a long XC ride as I can really only stuff a few gels and an emergency pump in the spare space.

Comment

• It's lies!!!

Rucksack "content" could mean anything.

I'm confused as to what it is. But I'm fairly sure it's not JUST pedals and rucksack
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  the trails is where life flows best
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• God dammit you've made those pics small so we can't zoom on the new bike which you just casually drop in at the end, MORE PHOT NEEDED!

Comment

• Last night "fancy riding with x2 CX bikes, 20 mile loop up into the hills?"

"errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr"

"plenty of offroad"

"errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go on then punish me"

201 suffer score, was absolutely hanging at certain points! fastest 20 miles, given the elevation I can recall in recent times, Blur excelled on the downs, and had some good sprints up short steep stuff, but when it came down to flat out pace and munching miles, the CX took some effort to hold the wheel! Guessing they were a good 15lbs lighter than the Blur with the skinny super fast rolling tyres. #StatueLegs today!

Comment

• Need proper pics of new bike
                          2007 - Thanks for many years of banter. Temporarily back for now..

Comment

Ahem.....they're not Pikes

Jeffsy 29?

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post

Ahem.....they're not Pikes

Jeffsy 29?
                              I was going to say my money would be on something like a Jeffsy 29 after that picture, they look smart with Fox Kashima forks...

Comment

• Saddle is Syncros though, so unless he's bought it separately.....It's a scott??
                                Last edited by jointhedotz; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X