The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    You could also buy a spacer or two just in case ?

they're having a bank hol sale - 25% off everything (min 10 spend) with code
    ​​​​​​
    SUMMERDAYS

Go go go

​​​​​
    A spacer for the garmin mount from superstar, or for my steerer, as theres no steerer tube left
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
      @TB Plenty of pics will be incoming, I promise lol

coiler Good to see the El Guapos still in action, not sure on them little nubbin things though. I do however often miss bar ends though so might have a read up on them
      If you would genuinely use them, I have a spare set, pay you back for those still in use Gaupos which I oh so adore! Could never imagine going back to my narrow (2010 wide standard) bars. TOGS ordered from USA with shipping was around 30, but they sent me an extra set

The grub screw on togs is nipped up, so nice and secure, but you can move them on the fly for different positions.

OH and look and those Hope levers in pics #i9oftheleverworld

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post

If you would genuinely use them, I have a spare set
        TBF I probably wouldn't, appreciate the offer though

Originally posted by {SAS}TB
        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• I like the look of those thumb things. I might offer you something for them Coiler?

And those handlebars are putting mine to shame!!!

Holy adornments catman
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Spacer on your Garmin, the bolt should be long enough to take it and give you some extra length to lift it clear?

www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/?q=Spacer
            flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Ah you mean to put a spacer above the steerer tube as such, so its just held in by the pressure of headset screw, I think its gonna fit looking at your pics again so ordered

Handlebars just need a BT speaker now Cru. Try them out on next ride, you're overdue an outing, ride everyweek on wed/thu.

Comment

• Original #discobike has died.
                Tried to source a replacement but the new one is weedy and more #dontwanttoupsettheneighboursbike than #discobike.
                the trails is where life flows best
                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• It was a sad day yesterday as the MBR forum was shut down due to concerns from the people who ran it over it's GDPR compliance and the cost to 'fix' it. MBR setup a Facebook group which to date has 3 members and has taken 48 hours and counting to still not accept my request to join so that doesn't look to be going anywhere.

A fair few members seem to be joining up or just moving their posting to the BikeRadar forum where it's business as usual!
                  Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Yes, @colier

Mounted for show

Last edited by {SAS}TB; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                      It was a sad day yesterday as the MBR forum was shut down due to concerns from the people who ran it over it's GDPR compliance and the cost to 'fix' it. MBR setup a Facebook group which to date has 3 members and has taken 48 hours and counting to still not accept my request to join so that doesn't look to be going anywhere.

A fair few members seem to be joining up or just moving their posting to the BikeRadar forum where it's business as usual!

MBR, bike radar, I always found to have a real high level of trolls, much preferred MTBR, especially the passion forum, and bike brand specific sub forums, and then for more UK content Singletrackworld.

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                        Yes, @colier

Mounted for show

Cheers SAS in the end spent 2 hours odd trying to find a "hover right over the middle of stem" style mount, as the top cap garmin looked a little too far back due to my stem rise and length, pics to follow!

Comment

• Just waiting on one more bearing removal tool for the larger bearings, but nearly all set for full VPP stripdown. Not that impressed with LBSs new bearings fitted 2 years back, already brown murky grease pushing out on zerk fitting regrease, rear triangle has play, got 3.5 years out of factory bearings and still pretty clean grease and zero play, till sent to LBS. My guess is LBS didn't use enough grease, or sub standard grease (As you can't buy SC grease anymore lols) and didn't torque the triangle up to spec properly?

Best grease in the land + dental syringe for super accurate dispensing for all areas of bike

Bearing tools and the loctite which doesn't degrade with grease contact

New bearings and a new size 8 park tool allan

Spent a while trying to find this size 8 hex for my torque wrench for the pivot axles

Press and removal tools

Cartridge grease, aluminium oxide based

Tub grease

Comment

• Nice ! May pop Bronwyn round for a Coiler service lol

You mean like this for the Mount ? Its Spesh ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• Seeing all these Garmin mounts is reminding of my recent frustration with my latest purchase. I sold my Edge 520 for the new smaller and slightly less feature packed Edge 130 for the extended battery life and reduced size. Only then to discover that Trailforks (which is a fantastic trail finding app if you haven't seen it before by the way) has recently been made compatible with, you guessed it...every Garmin model from the Edge 520 up!

Originally posted by coiler View Post

MBR, bike radar, I always found to have a real high level of trolls, much preferred MTBR, especially the passion forum, and bike brand specific sub forums, and then for more UK content Singletrackworld.
                                Overall both BikeRader and MBR are pretty sleepy on the MTB front, I find Singletrack is much more active but the lack of subforms just does my head in as it makes it impossible to find anything! Don't think I've ever used MTBR though?
                                Last edited by Cypher; 3 weeks ago.
                                Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X