No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aye may get one, recently my garmin has been flopping all over the shop on rocky descents, think the bands have stretched over time, nearly lost it a few times hanging loose on straps.

Not keen on the ahead ones which hover it in front of bars, would love it on stem itself, but Hope squarish stem no good for bands, so topcap be good if it can handle my stem angle, i'll put pics up so you can comment once it arrives

How you going on for Mrs B VPP pivot bearings? Do you use SC grease gun or not touched yet? Mine are proper filth, need a disassembly, pumped looooooooooooooooads of grease through but still brown rusty colour following the fresh grease out, apparently pivot axles themselves can get gouged if bearings have collapsed. I did ride through some fugly weather over winter though. So complete VPP stripdown coming up soon!
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Well caps have arrived and look good
      ​​​​​​
      appear to be in two sections - single central bolt for the cap then two smaller ones to mount the Garmin mount - so looks like this can easily be removed / replaced

​​​​​​

Will fit in next few days and feedback
      ​​​​​​
      havent touched pivot bearings other that giving them a good wash with the Karcher every now and then

She's two Years old now so overdue a full service ....

and a new little toy / mini Bronwyn arrived today

Better pics when Mrs TB isn't about
      flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Oh bother.....

Originally posted by {SAS}TB
        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Oooh, nice

Comment

• Mrs TB on that "what you taking pictures of bike parts again for rage meme"

That top cap looks very interesting! Hoping my stem rise won't foul the back of garmin, pic of stem coming up later.

Did you get a grease gun and grease with Mrs B? If so get some grease pumping in that Karcha'd VPP and post pics!

JTD welcome to the Hope brakes masterrace! You'll wonder how you rolled with anything else when you feel the modulation of thy gods! Same as mine those bar the double piston action.Think mine are the Tech 3 X2. What size rotors? hoping you went large!

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
              would love it on stem itself, but Hope squarish stem no good for bands, so topcap be good if it can handle my stem angle
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag?t=61

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post

JTD welcome to the Hope brakes masterrace! You'll wonder how you rolled with anything else when you feel the modulation of thy gods! Same as mine those bar the double piston action.Think mine are the Tech 3 X2. What size rotors? hoping you went large!
                Went 203 front and 180 rear. Honestly hated paying that money but my crappy avid db1's are crappy. Can't wait to try them, unfortunately they've been ordered through Ubyk so I'll have to......terribly slow company but they had a decent discount on.

As for riding, not done enough of it recently. Dales again on Sunday though so all is well in the world

Last edited by jointhedotz; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• For a full kit rotors etc those prices seem good! Did you get floating rotors? They'll take a good ride to start feeling the modulation, do lots of stops to burnish them in, but its a really mind blowing feel once they start to bite proper. I've tried Shimanos, Hayes, Avids, Formulas and none of them come anywhere close to the Hope control.

Incredibly difficult to lock the wheels up, unless you want to of course Hope finishing/materials are also second to none.

Comment

• Yeah, went with floating rotors (they were the only option).

Can't wait to try them, although they've still not even been posted. I'd forgot quite how bad Ubyk were....

Comment

• Plenty of pics JTD

I got Bronwyn from Ubyk

Fitted the caps today

Before / after

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Wife on wife action

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Heres the swoop, although that centre screw plate does seem to rise more than my hope rounded cap, and then the extra height from the garmin cap on top, so you reckon garmin wouldn't foul stem?

Comment

• You could also buy a spacer or two just in case ?

they're having a bank hol sale - 25% off everything (min 10 spend) with code
                          ​​​​​​
                          SUMMERDAYS

Go go go

​​​​​

Comment

• In other very XC upgrades, added some TOGS, thumb over grip system, like a modern day bar end, gives a feel akin to a road bike hood, latch for hands on long climbs, or use as an actual bar end, one of those things that probably looks very marmite, but wouldn't be without now I use a lot. Loads of extra hand positions on cat 3 + 4s, great for getting an aero position too.

Spurcycle bell added a few weeks back too, loudest bell i've had in recent years and looks decent

Cruciate worthy furnishment...

Comment

• @TB Plenty of pics will be incoming, I promise lol

coiler Good to see the El Guapos still in action, not sure on them little nubbin things though. I do however often miss bar ends though so might have a read up on them

Comment

• Just realised I haven't given a proper rundown of the recent changes to my lowly boardman, there've been a few....

So...frame obviously,
                                cheap (122) second hand xfusion sweep 140mm forks, these will be upped to 150mm when i find the time. Going from 32 to 34mm stanctions is more noticable than I'd have expected, makes a massive difference.
                                Burgtec 35mm Enduro stem.....expensive but beautiful in its simplicity
                                Fabric cageless bottle....love it
                                Brand-X 150mm dropper, the old transx finally died after 2 years service
                                And hope brakes to follow, when ubyk eventually post the damn things....guess I'll be brakeless in the dales on sunday :/

Comment

Working...
                                X