The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coiler View Post

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ where the hell have you been?

I'm guessing stuck in some game addiction or Witcher III type quality?
    No just haven't been very interested in the bike TBH, long miserable winter hasn't helped either
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• I reckon you'll be getting an Ebike this year, for those long range quanny recces!
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Would love to but coffers won't allow this year

Comment

• Took a trip over to the Forest of Dean on Saturday, first time out with the new Hero4 and Zhiyun gimbal setup. You'll have to excuse the fact the gimbal is tracking to the right slightly as I mounted it slightly off vertical by accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-VYFDfHSM4

I also then went back across a bit further West today to the Black Mountains Cycle Centre which was an absolute blast, still encoding/uploading the footage from that so you'll have to bear with me, but for now here's a couple of pictures I took at the top...

Last edited by Cypher; 07-05-18, 22:33.
          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Cracking weekend for it! looks great. Trails are utter dust right now, perfect riding out there

Comment

• It really could not have been better, both FoD and Black Mountains were in full dust production mode and running super fast!

I cannot rate the trails at BMCC highly enough, even the technical sections flow nicely if you hit them right, it's not just random obstacles so they can slap a black grading on it.

Cranked up the GoPro to full 4K and dropped from 60fps to 30fps for yesterday's footage and the results are like night and day. So much sharper, and the sense of speed seems to be better at 30fps. I also sorted out the gimbal alignment so it's pointing straight forwards on this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Abs-U55P4
              Last edited by Cypher; 08-05-18, 22:33.
              Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Full Spring Service, with some chaz endorsed VPP filth removal. Trying to isolate clicking noise which turned out to be the pedal axle!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• corrrrrrr VPP grease purge endorsed. How did you solve the clicking coiler, I've got a click too and also running nanos.

Also officially out of even bad excuses to not ride bike, think this weekend could hold a ride!

Comment

• The solution to me clicking nanotechs,........................................ ...... was to remove the red pair, and fit the grey pair

(i'd earlier removed the grey pair as the axle didn't spin as free as the red pair) but click free, so i'm going to take apart the red pair and regrease/remove any play.

AND

get out on your bike, its an absolute dust bowl scorcher out at the moment!

Comment

• Spent the day at Cwmcarn yesterday, it was my second time riding the DH trails there but my first time since they rebuilt half the course to host the first round of the 2018 British Downhill Series!

Only managed to film a couple of runs because the first time down with the camera I left the lens cap on...

Anyway, here's a run down the gnarly part of the DH course, I'm still editing together the insane jump run which comes after the fireroad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2JeIe_p4U

Comment

• Great to see some more action in here (when the website works )

I am sorry to say I ahev been more Felicity / Roadie than Bronwyn lately, but hoping to chanage that soon !

Got new helmet, cleats, pedals and shoes for felicity and done three decent rides over the last three weekends

Then treated Bronwyn to a much needed clean ....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9qH9Ih...by=_jon_parry_

Bit of a heads up Superstar Components have a 20% sale using code 20MAY18

Just picked up a few Garmin topcap mounts

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/...pcap-mount.htm

flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Is that a pressure washer next to Bronwyn! OH MY

Those photos are great, going to get that app!

Comment

• How does the topcap mount fit, I see two screws but not sure how that would work with my star fangled nut

Comment

• Lol, Bronwyn loves a good hard Karchering

Yes, get Snapseed, this an awesome app

No idea on the top cap, I'll see when they arrive

Just wait for the "How tf doni fit theses?" Post
                                flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X