Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks swank JTD congrats
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• After the brake failure and bleed at Degla I ordered some new pads

Whipped the back set out; they've seen better days

​​​​​​​

New set

​​​​​​​

And snugly in place

​​​​​​​

And front

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Hopefully get chance to try them out over the weekend
      flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Did the disc spin freely with new pads SAS?

I always end up with slight bleed faff to get pistons all the way back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
          Did the disc spin freely with new pads SAS?

I always end up with slight bleed faff to get pistons all the way back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
          Yeah, me too. At least I did with Treksy. I've not done a pad replacement on Whytney yet.
          Talking of which, I'm broken. I've been having some issues with my right leg going numb for a while and its affected my power, now my back has properly decided to give up the ghost.
          I'm still hoping to get back on the steed, but just as the weather turns nice-ish, I'm forced into further down time.
          Sadface.
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Cru that sucks Perfect career though to make a self diagnosis, what do you think?

Is it only when riding, or just general life and walking about?

Comment

• well, looks like Sunday is going to be painful....

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/vis...mtb-route-edge
              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Cru that sucks Perfect career though to make a self diagnosis, what do you think?

Is it only when riding, or just general life and walking about?
                It's day to day.
                Actually, its been a few years, but gradually worsening. I've been trying to self diagnose for a while, but ultimately think it's something that will keep getting worse.
                The back pain I am sure will improve, the leg numbness won't.

I WILL be back on the bike, especially after a 47 minute drive home, for a 6 mile journey.
                I'm thinking of restarting the bike commute. I figure the 30 mins it takes me on the bike has to be better for the old spine than 47 minutes raging at traffic.
                And 60 minutes total cycling a few days a week will be good for the ticker too.

JTD - That looks fun!! Hope the weather is good for you
                the trails is where life flows best
                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Looks like a cracker JTD, can't wait for the picture laden ride report

Commute sounds like a plan Cru and hope your back / leg improves matey

Wheels spin freely with no catching of pads, but I did wedge the calipers right back before fitting them

Had a little pootle out with the family earlier but youngest got a puncture 1/2 way round and although I had a pump, no repair kit, so was a slow roll / push back

Felicity had a trip to the LBS yesterday for a new cassette / chain and indexing - gone from an 11-25 to an 11-32 for a bit more granny ring action

Before

After

Hmmmm, shiny
                  Last edited by {SAS}TB; 29-04-18, 13:06.

Comment

• Big ring still cant hide the dork disc!

Wife was pressed into service this week mon-wed for commuting due to vehicular difficulties. Was a shock to the system (arse) but part of me enjoyed it
                    Originally posted by jointhedotz
                    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Oooh, matron

Lol, yes never did get round to removing the DD .......

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                        Looks like a cracker JTD, can't wait for the picture laden ride report

Commute sounds like a plan Cru and hope your back / leg improves matey

Wheels spin freely with no catching of pads, but I did wedge the calipers right back before fitting them

Had a little pootle out with the family earlier but youngest got a puncture 1/2 way round and although I had a pump, no repair kit, so was a slow roll / push back

Felicity had a trip to the LBS yesterday for a new cassette / chain and indexing - gone from an 11-25 to an 11-32 for a bit more granny ring action

Before

After

Hmmmm, shiny
                        My bro just took his Trek Domane roadie from 28 to 32, loves it, says he can now get up the steepest hills in the area without having to stand up and grind the knee caps down, just sits and spins! He also got a power meter, by Garmin which looks epic, DO WANT A POWER METER MAAM, just need prices to come down

Very unlike you not to have toolkit, especially after chesh ring pulls all the tools including kitchen sink out the bike itself meme!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                          Big ring still cant hide the dork disc!

Wife was pressed into service this week mon-wed for commuting due to vehicular difficulties. Was a shock to the system (arse) but part of me enjoyed it
                          CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ where the hell have you been?

I'm guessing stuck in some game addiction or Witcher III type quality?

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post

It's day to day.
                            Actually, its been a few years, but gradually worsening. I've been trying to self diagnose for a while, but ultimately think it's something that will keep getting worse.
                            The back pain I am sure will improve, the leg numbness won't.

I WILL be back on the bike, especially after a 47 minute drive home, for a 6 mile journey.
                            I'm thinking of restarting the bike commute. I figure the 30 mins it takes me on the bike has to be better for the old spine than 47 minutes raging at traffic.
                            And 60 minutes total cycling a few days a week will be good for the ticker too.

JTD - That looks fun!! Hope the weather is good for you
                            It does sound like one of those problems that could be fixed by doing more walking/biking, biking possibly due to the low impact nature.

Use it or lose it type issue? Finger crossed for you, *waits for all the glorious Strava mileage to appear!*

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                              well, looks like Sunday is going to be painful....

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/vis...mtb-route-edge

That has to be hands down, one of your best looking rides to date, such VISTAS! glad you are loving the new whip! Plushness for days

Comment

That has to be hands down, one of your best looking rides to date, such VISTAS! glad you are loving the new whip! Plushness for days
                                It was a great day out, I'm in rather a lot of pain now though
                                Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                                Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Working...
                                X