No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn-IT - once the actual bike carrier(s) are on and I have a complete rigid frame it should be pretty quick and easy to whip on/off in 5 mins. The fuel consumption doesn't appear to have hardly (if any) been effected.

jointhedotz good to see your still about matey and glad to hear your enjoying the new job

cruciate - not jelly in the slightest ...

The Strava tumbleweed is unbelievable but hopefully once these sub-arctic temperatures pass we should see some more action - I have a trip to Degla scheduled in for 6th April but hope to get out before then if I can shake the lurgy
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post

Yeah, most people I know have barely been out. Stupid cold and snow everywhere :/

New job is going well I think, steep learning curve but getting there I think. Nice to have a challenge

Oh, and the hateful thing was sold back in Jan. Only have the lowly Boardman now, perhaps looking at a frame swap later in the year but that'll depend on whether I start getting out again.

Good stuff on the job move!

I think this will be the last cold snap of years once todays out the way, so hopefully a dry dusty Spring

News will be in soon of SAS selling his roadie!
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Tried Bronwyn on newly installed bike carrier

Some good Whip on Whip action ....

May look at this for next Whip and carrier solution

Comment

• haha have crane may travel to trails!

Comment

• Lol, I know - when I first got Bronny and did my week of riding I met a delivery driver at llandegla and one at guisburn both took their bikes everywhere and rode when / wherever they could !

Comment

• My bro in US does the same Trek Domane in spare compartment on Ford F450 lol

Comment

• any wet riders ?
                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Disgusting weather. Even when it brightens a bit I don't want to go out as the trails will be gloopy and horrid.
                  I don't think I've ever wanted to live somewhere else as much as I do right now

On the plus side, the Beemer is BACK ON!!!
                  Someone who ordered one and got it approved has since swapped to a discovery sport as they had a bad winter of getting stuck in their existing rear wheel drive motor. I got the call saying do I want their build slot?
                  Yes.
                  Yes I do.
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  the trails is where life flows best
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Ebay accident the other day, expect pics late next week.

That's all I'm saying
                    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• First day of double digits and sun all day here, maybe it's happening?
                      Originally posted by jointhedotz
                      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Been getting out a fair bit recently, only down on 2016 + 2017 by 50 odd miles. Elevation down but i've been doing much more off the doorstep riding than the car in boot to the base of peaks. Not bad considering I pretty much went into retirement for all of Feb.

Bike in muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh need of a service, trails riding like winter thanks to the cool spring with lots of rain, can't even see the lower suspension links for trail chaff

Last week weather has been superb, today looks stunning too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                          Ebay accident the other day, expect pics late next week.

That's all I'm saying

And jointhedotz ????

Comment

• Im so far behind this year's target / last few years it really isn't funnt ....
                            I did manage to get on a "social/networking" (as far as work are concerned) trip to 'degla last Friday, which was awesome.
                            Did the Blue run first, which was "interesting" when my back brake gave in half wa round - oooof!!

Mate on a 21 year old GT Hardtail

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Quick coffee, bike to the workshop - no compatible brake pads, so bled the pipes and got some back brake back and headed off to the Red Run ....

And steeds ready for the off back home ....

Mate Matt came off OTB twice nasty headbutt to the ground the second time, but he lived

I always forget the killer last section (uphill climb) on the Red and it had me on the floor rolling with cramp in both legs

Bronny was ace (when she had brakes) as always, me not so much, but did brab a few PBs and she really needs a service (and new pads) .....

Comment

• Good job guys.
                                I'm not just behind on previous years, I'm roughly 0 miles for the year.
                                I'm just so cold and damp all the time
                                the trails is where life flows best
                                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X