Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • boo, well that's a bit poo ....
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



    Comment


    • Lame.



      Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

      Comment


      • They will kill your fuel consumption especially if you do much higher speed driving. The back to front ones are better if you can get them for your car (general comment)
        I had some on my old car that were snap fit so that they were easily stowed in the boot when not needed.
        I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
        Dave Burnett

        Comment


        • I think SAS needs an new car, merc estate! lols
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

          Comment


          • Well last ride Jan 30th, 5 weeks off from any sort of biking/spinning.

            Got back on it on Friday, then another ride on Sunday, fitness and freshness graph = fatness and slowness!

            Sundays ride felt much better, hoping the muscle memory kicks in and i'll be back to the flying up hills like an Ebike in no time

            Conditions on trails are pure utter filth, bike is firmly back in the stanchion and chain routine only, no point cleaning. Last 2 rides have reignited the fire though on whats been a poor effort in 2018 so far.
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

            Comment


            • No words.
              just strava


              https://www.strava.com/activities/14...S&v=1520886098

              ​​​​​​​
              Originally posted by coiler
              the trails is where life flows best
              Originally posted by coiler
              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

              Comment


              • Jelly Cru! V Jelly!

                The shot of the ice cold beverage really topped it off!
                Originally posted by Aaron
                I want those sweet cherries

                Comment


                • I was sooo tired yesterday.

                  So, I'm on holiday in the Dom Rep, and I thought I'd look at mountain bike tours.
                  It's years since I've been here, and while the quality of everything has improved since I was last here, the popularity has gone down, which means it's now a great, but quiet destination.

                  Sadly, this has meant a lot of the tours they did they've cancelled due to lack of tourists. But we found the old tour guide who is a massive mountain biker, and he now does bespoke tours using his own bikes.

                  This meant my wife had a Santa Cruz heckler and I had a specialized stumpy, but also messed about on an enduro chumba with 160mm front and back travel. Plush.

                  He spent 3 days, via email, finding out what cycling we do back home, and coming up with a tour that would suit us.

                  5 miles along coastal tracks, then into the mountains. Starting with a climb on dirt roads, before turning into really rocky, difficult terrain.
                  Amazing views and technically difficult climbs. The downhills were so rocky they couldn't be taken at speed.
                  Or guide said he does try at speed sometimes, but only using a downhill bike, with full face helmet and body armour. And only in the winter. (Softer ground and I can't imagine all that gear in the 32c temps we rode in)

                  CV fitness wasn't bad, but leg strength on the steeper climbs was.
                  However, 20 miles in I felt the effects of a disgusting British winters cycling and my CV fitness and legs cried enough.
                  It was reminiscent of a ride I had with Coiler in which he destroyed me after my dodgy throat has robbed me of stamina last year.

                  We were on our way back down by then, and the day was finished with freshly cooked fish tacos on the beach, watching kite surfers.

                  The other part of the day, of note, was the CRAZY bus ride to get to the starting point.
                  A 10 seater people carrier had, when we flagged it down, 22 people in it. I basically had to stand, with the car door open, holding onto the roof, bum grazing the cars we were overtaking, sparks off the bottom of the car as it bottomed out the suspension with so many people in it, going flat out on bumpy roads.
                  I was way more scared doing that for an HOUR than by any of the cycling.

                  Great day.

                  Relive worth a watch....

                  https://www.relive.cc/view/1449796686
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  the trails is where life flows best
                  Originally posted by coiler
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post

                    Where has JTD got too? Looks like he had a great pootle too ......
                    I'm alive!

                    New job and general family constraints have been causing issues with riding/foruming time but I'll try and get caught back up. Not sad to have missed most of the cold winter to be truthful.

                    Good to see the forum has picked up again, I was worried the new forum had killed it but I guess that's just me ignoring notifications



                    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                      I was sooo tired yesterday.

                      So, I'm on holiday in the Dom Rep, and I thought I'd look at mountain bike tours.
                      It's years since I've been here, and while the quality of everything has improved since I was last here, the popularity has gone down, which means it's now a great, but quiet destination.

                      Sadly, this has meant a lot of the tours they did they've cancelled due to lack of tourists. But we found the old tour guide who is a massive mountain biker, and he now does bespoke tours using his own bikes.

                      This meant my wife had a Santa Cruz heckler and I had a specialized stumpy, but also messed about on an enduro chumba with 160mm front and back travel. Plush.

                      He spent 3 days, via email, finding out what cycling we do back home, and coming up with a tour that would suit us.

                      5 miles along coastal tracks, then into the mountains. Starting with a climb on dirt roads, before turning into really rocky, difficult terrain.
                      Amazing views and technically difficult climbs. The downhills were so rocky they couldn't be taken at speed.
                      Or guide said he does try at speed sometimes, but only using a downhill bike, with full face helmet and body armour. And only in the winter. (Softer ground and I can't imagine all that gear in the 32c temps we rode in)

                      CV fitness wasn't bad, but leg strength on the steeper climbs was.
                      However, 20 miles in I felt the effects of a disgusting British winters cycling and my CV fitness and legs cried enough.
                      It was reminiscent of a ride I had with Coiler in which he destroyed me after my dodgy throat has robbed me of stamina last year.

                      We were on our way back down by then, and the day was finished with freshly cooked fish tacos on the beach, watching kite surfers.

                      The other part of the day, of note, was the CRAZY bus ride to get to the starting point.
                      A 10 seater people carrier had, when we flagged it down, 22 people in it. I basically had to stand, with the car door open, holding onto the roof, bum grazing the cars we were overtaking, sparks off the bottom of the car as it bottomed out the suspension with so many people in it, going flat out on bumpy roads.
                      I was way more scared doing that for an HOUR than by any of the cycling.

                      Great day.

                      Relive worth a watch....

                      https://www.relive.cc/view/1449796686
                      This is the Cru write up of yesteryear I love reading!

                      Shame about the errrrrrrrrrrr PICS!"











































                      Only jesting Strava had enough

                      Sounds like the Dolmus buses we used to catch in Turkey, passing the money from the back to the front, going full tilt around handbrake cliffs!

                      Shame about the tourist industry over there. Did the wife like the Heckler? How did the two bikes you tried compare to Whytney? Same loose backends?
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

                      Comment


                      • No loose rear ends, but then Whytney didn't last time she was out.
                        The wife liked the Heckler, but she only just got that orange for Xmas, so she can forget it!

                        Lack of pics are because Tapatalk doesn't work on the forums any more, and I haven't found a good pic hosting site from mobile to forum yet.

                        Being that I have little WiFi time here I needed something I could upload to quickly. Strava gets phots, but forum didn't.

                        What is everyone else using?
                        ​​​​​​
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

                        Comment


                        • I use IMGUR now, seems great, fast to upload, no ads, and gives all the swanky forum links, not tried the app mind.

                          Does the missus having an Orange mean muchos riding with her this season?
                          Originally posted by Aaron
                          I want those sweet cherries

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post

                            I'm alive!

                            New job and general family constraints have been causing issues with riding/foruming time but I'll try and get caught back up. Not sad to have missed most of the cold winter to be truthful.

                            Good to see the forum has picked up again, I was worried the new forum had killed it but I guess that's just me ignoring notifications


                            Worst year for us all for winter miles i'd say, Strava has had some serious tumbleweed action

                            Hows the new job?


                            Any new bike plans this year, and are you pushing the hateful thing out on a raft on killington lake services?
                            Originally posted by Aaron
                            I want those sweet cherries

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by coiler View Post

                              Worst year for us all for winter miles i'd say, Strava has had some serious tumbleweed action

                              Hows the new job?


                              Any new bike plans this year, and are you pushing the hateful thing out on a raft on killington lake services?
                              Yeah, most people I know have barely been out. Stupid cold and snow everywhere :/

                              New job is going well I think, steep learning curve but getting there I think. Nice to have a challenge

                              Oh, and the hateful thing was sold back in Jan. Only have the lowly Boardman now, perhaps looking at a frame swap later in the year but that'll depend on whether I start getting out again.

                              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

                              Comment


                              • Thanks to a slow afternoon at work my Spring/Summer riding schedule is starting to take shape!

                                7th April - BikePark Wales > Now Flyup 417 Project (Gloucester)
                                21st April - Black Mountains Cycle Centre

                                5th May - BikePark Wales > Now Forest of Dean
                                19th May - Cwmcarn Downhill

                                2nd June - BikePark Wales
                                16th June - TBC

                                5th-7th October - Cumbria Trip

                                Might book myself a long weekend in the Summer and take a trip up to Scotland and do Glentress of Innerleithen for a change too!

                                Edit: I decided I had too much BikePark Wales in there so I've reshuffled some of the dates to add variety...
                                Last edited by Cypher; 17-03-18, 15:00.
                                Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

                                Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X