No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas to you too TB, and to everyone in here.
    I feel your lazy / unfit / piling on the pounds pain.

2018 we WILL meet up for a cycle. Gutted I missed the cheshire ring.
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Happy xmas all, hope the MTB thread springs into life again now with winter solstice done and longer days, lighter nights, warmer temps! I'm going to try and get out over xmas week, weather looking mild as you like.

Hungover is an understatement today, cocktails, beers, vodka, sambuca shots oh dear
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Happy New Year all and hope you all had a good Xmas

Fell short of my riding target by a few hundred mile, despite some epic rides over the year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdBrPW1B...by=_jon_parry_

Busy over Xmas, weight on, work going mental, personal stuff, car, house etc etc - I have the excuses, its now time to do something about it

Treadmill (yes, yes, I know) bought and in the garage - target at least one 5k run a week - i hate running, but hate the treader slightly less than running outside its also good for getting the weight off

Bikes - Felicity will be out soon for longer rides but also looking at some rollers for longer sessions indoors when too cold, wet, windy, dark

Bronwyn is looking filthy dirty and shes staying like that at the mo as I have a trip to Llandegla (first ride this year!) on the cards for Sunday with some of the other dads from School, lol - should be interestng

Hopefully ride report Sunday / Monday and would be good to get the thead up and running again (no pun intended)

go, go, go ........................!
        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Was excited to see the MTB thread bumped again, used to be a occurrence several times an hour!

Going off Strava it does seem majority have gone into semi retirement! Great to see you getting back on it SAS. I lol everytime I see the dreadmill on Strava, picturing you cursing at each step of the foot!

Got a nightride lined up end of the week, and hit some ice cold trails on Saturday which I think was first proper ride since winter solstice pilgrimage.

Spinning classes are all booked to the brim this week, new years res ratrace.

Go to the gym 2-3 times a week now, 6am, missus is up for work at that time anyway so instead of wasting it it bed I go and throw a bit of iron about, other mornings i play Witcher III

Heres to a biking packed 2018 ride report thread!

Comment

• I've got a trip to BikePark Wales booked in April with the same lads I went to North Wales with in October last year, should be a laugh!

Might book myself a weekend up there or maybe Cwmcarn again before that though so I've got a chance to refresh my skills without the pressures of showing off coming into play.

Also planning on a visit or two to Swinley Forest or similar with some guys from work just to get a few miles in the legs post-Christmas feasting season.
            Last edited by Cypher; 11-01-18, 12:24.
            Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Christmas feasting season

Hows the shoulder now everything 100%?

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                Christmas feasting season

Hows the shoulder now everything 100%?
                Yep, absolutely spot on now! My trip to Coed-y-brenin in October was 10 weeks post-op and it survived that without issue, been out doing the DH/jump runs at Swinley since then so it's definitely back up to full strength.
                Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Glad all is back to normal Cypher

Just gave Bronwtn a lube, pump, squirt and wipe down in all the essential places ahead of a trip to Llandegla in the morning

Then decided to swing the Fiskars as well

#metimepron

Any ride reports from today chaps ???

Comment

• Glad all is back to normal Cypher

Just gave Bronwtn a lube, pump, squirt and wipe down in all the essential places ahead of a trip to Llandegla in the morning

#metimepron

Comment

• So popped over to Wales and did two runs of the Blue route at Llandegla

Coiler would have had a coronary if he had seen the car park - rammed !

That said, as usual, very few people seen / encountered on the trails apart from the "usual" stop / rest / refuel stops

Run one https://www.strava.com/activities/1357106664 and run two https://www.strava.com/activities/1357107798

Relive one https://www.relive.cc/view/1357106664 and two https://www.relive.cc/view/1357107798

No wind but it was cold, very cold .....

Did a blue run, coffee, splinter group at the top red / blue split (went blue again) then food and home

I loved it and made me realise how I miss getting out and have to / want to get out more, so here's to a MTB 2018 ..........

Some random photos

Let's do this

FAMILs in their natural habitat

Half way up (looking back down) three mile climb

Yep, were on the way down now !

Steeds at rest

Bronywn and a potential mate

Light snack after the second run

Look at the cogs on that !!

And one of the loops

Last edited by {SAS}TB; 14-01-18, 19:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                        Glad all is back to normal Cypher

#metimepron

Finest collection of pictures i've seen this year.
                        LOGs, AXE, COFFEE, SANTA, GERMAN WHIPS, FETTLEMENT EQUIPMENT, CHOPPING BLOCKS, LOG STORES THE LOT! 120/10

Comment

• And beer

Comment

• Great ride report,A+++++++++++++ 12/10 Been meaning to read earlier but twas swamped! All those steeds of fellow mamils look increibly showroomed! Hoping you've got the bug again true and proper

The trails were so so dry for Jan on Fridays night ride, and then last night the torrent of all torrents, all night and today pretty much, saturated them to breaking point LOL

Comment

• So, I've been out in the snow.
                              Sure, it was only 4 miles each way, but whytney rides again (and the wobble has gone over the winter - maybe its my slightly heavier bottom thats evened it out.
                              Enjoyed a lot, but the fitness is WAAYYYY off.

In other news, I've ordered a new car. The VAG is going. (but it's a 6 month waiting list, so don't get too excited yet.) Leasing for the first time in my life, and going for a BMW 330e, which should be good for my commute on electric alone, but still has a 2 litre donkey for when I get out of town.
                              The large space taken by the batteries mean that I STILL can't get whytney in the boot though!
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Good deal on the lease?

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                                X