No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so 10 weeks off the bike is coming to an end this week!

I'm off to Coed y Brenin with a mate from work and around 17 others for 3 days of hitting the Welsh trails on Friday.

They are more XC verging towards Enduro type people by the sound of it, so 10 weeks off the bike is definitely going to hit me in the quads after the first day!

Collar bone is fine now, as this is at the end of even the 'extended' period they said to wait just to be sure before I did any mountain biking or pushups/shoulder exercise etc.

Pulled the bike out yesterday for the first time since I crashed it, everything is in order, just put some more air in the tyres and I'm good to go!
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Glad to hear you're well again, enjoy the ride! I'm struggling, the dislocated finger a couple of months ago has slowly niggled and now I'm riding like a *****. Hoping the new front tyre (which is scary good) and offset bushings will instill confidence again.

Looking forward to your ride review
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• The thread lives !
        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
          Glad to hear you're well again, enjoy the ride! I'm struggling, the dislocated finger a couple of months ago has slowly niggled and now I'm riding like a *****. Hoping the new front tyre (which is scary good) and offset bushings will instill confidence again.

Looking forward to your ride review
          I must have missed the original post regarding the offset bushings, are we talking shock bushes to slacken head angle or something else?
          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Yeah, offsetbushings.com

Basically make the shock sorter dropping the bb, kicking out the head angle, and slackening the seat angle (which is the negative). Only 1 ride so far in sloppy conditions but the bike definitely felt a little more stable.

Comment

• HOLY MACKERAL jtdz reignited the MTB thread log burner, poking the crackling coals and putting on a batch of the finest seasoned oak

Due to an absolutely shocking September for weather, typically the rain double digits kicking in each evening after work, my ridings dropped right off the scales, x1 spin and x1 nightride on average, with busy weekends. Certainly missed the usual Indian Summer here in the NW

Fitness wise still feel very good though so hoping to ramp up the frequency again
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Yeah, offsetbushings.com

Basically make the shock sorter dropping the bb, kicking out the head angle, and slackening the seat angle (which is the negative). Only 1 ride so far in sloppy conditions but the bike definitely felt a little more stable.
                #SuspensionSorcery

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                  Due to an absolutely shocking September for weather, typically the rain double digits kicking in each evening after work, my ridings dropped right off the scales, x1 spin and x1 nightride on average, with busy weekends. Certainly missed the usual Indian Summer here in the NW
                  Yeah, the weather has been a big factor for me tbh, really sapped my motivation, General domestic duties have been taking up my free time too :/

Fingers crossed the weather will even out a bit, I'm not far off beating last years total mileage despite the recent slump.

Comment

• Not been riding, lost faith in Whytney.
                    I'm doing my annual 70 miler to Nottingham in a week with no training.

Whoops
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    the trails is where life flows best
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Lost faith? What's up? Sad to hear you've pretty much stopped riding bcause of it

Comment

• Wobbly back end, bearings have been checked, so could be a warped tyre, or loose spoke, rear shock stiction possibly?

I'd still ride her like you stole her and see what happens

Comment

Yeah, the weather has been a big factor for me tbh, really sapped my motivation, General domestic duties have been taking up my free time too :/

Fingers crossed the weather will even out a bit, I'm not far off beating last years total mileage despite the recent slump.
                          I think I surpassed my previous years mileage some time back, shame I couldn't maintain the hours in saddle. Looking forward to some proper cold winter riding, under crispy blue skies, on plush autumn leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                            Wobbly back end, bearings have been checked, so could be a warped tyre, or loose spoke, rear shock stiction possibly?

I'd still ride her like you stole her and see what happens
                            Pretty much that. Feels unstable.
                            But also, while she was in the LBS I rode my hard tail and the times I was making were crazy. It feels like the drive train is stiff on Whytney and killing my stamina.
                            I need to strip down the derailleur again
                            the trails is where life flows best
                            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Pop chain off, see if BB spins freely, see if chain is stiff, last time I seen your chain it was getting some rigid pot towel action, reckon it could be a solid mass by now lol

Come on Thursday evening nightride, it includes a free Squirt application and some encouragement to ride it like you stole it down some salubrious pitch black trails.

Comment

• Just ordered a load of gear for the weekend on last minute next day delivery. New cycling jacket, couple of t-shirts and base layers, little mini saddle bag, cheapest/lightest inner tube I can find and a sleeping bag.

Hopefully it all arrives at work with tomorrows post!

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                                Yeah, offsetbushings.com

I see, I briefly looked at the option of doing that on my Stumpjumper. But the BB was too low as it was so if I lowered it further it would have been practically dragging along the floor. So I did what anyone would do and just bought a whole new bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X